• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Your favorite Breguet rep?

Yacht-Monster

The entertainer previously known as Roughwatch
Supporter
Certified
7/6/21
The Eternal Winter
Hi all,

I've become very interested in Breguet reps lately and I was wondering what some consider as the most accurate and favorite rep? I was hugely let down with the inaccuracies of the Tradition series that's available (it must be a very hard movement to clone). I've been looking and am thinking of the Marine 5222 or the Classique 5177 reps. Asian ETA movements and the dial on both looks very similar to the gen.

Anyone got a favorite they would recommend?

Thanks in advance.

paul.co

Certified
23/6/17
Are there any decent Marine reps out there? I asked a TD a couple of months ago and no luck.

Horace Derwent

Known Member
17/6/10

Rep above vs my gen of the same watch.
Wow, just WOW !

This is one of the watch i will buy gen...Breguet is one of the brand that Derseves it !!

Is it Yellow Gold or Rose Gold ?

Are there any decent Marine reps out there? I asked a TD a couple of months ago and no luck.

I asked Trusty a couple of days ago and he said that only this one (5222 Yellow Gold)
is actually available.

Great piece, too bad that the 5187 SS Blue is sold out...

055ca0d58b0f4b64f324885ebde7f7bb.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Yacht-Monster

pistebasher

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/6/20
UK
Wow, just WOW !

This is one of the watch i will buy gen...Breguet is one of the brand that Derseves it !!

Is it Yellow Gold or Rose Gold ?

I asked Trusty a couple of days ago and he said that only this one (5222 Yellow Gold)
is actually available.

Great piece, too bad that the 5187 SS Blue is sold out...

055ca0d58b0f4b64f324885ebde7f7bb.jpg

Thank you! Yes, I agree there are watches not worth buying in gen and there are watches not buying in rep. Rolex reps are now so good that I sold my gen Rolex watches to re-invest in more interesting watches like this one. Its a Rose gold piece and it's extremely hefty in weight. It's nearly 50% heavier in gold than in steel!

pistebasher

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/6/20
UK
Hello mate, first of all congratulations for that watch, is astonishing! Before you bought it, did you found a good rep of that one?

Thank you! The rep of this one is pictured above in Horace Derwent's post. Not many people know this watch and it would pass casual scrutiny for those not familiar with the brand as a very nice piece, however the subdial spacing is way off and the weight of the gen is very substantial due to the gold vs plated steel. I paid around the same money for my gen as what you would pay for a rolex Submariner. I think it's 10x the watch and a relative bargain worth saving for.

Hop3

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/11/21
Thank you! The rep of this one is pictured above in Horace Derwent's post. Not many people know this watch and it would pass casual scrutiny for those not familiar with the brand as a very nice piece, however the subdial spacing is way off and the weight of the gen is very substantial due to the gold vs plated steel. I paid around the same money for my gen as what you would pay for a rolex Submariner. I think it's 10x the watch and a relative bargain worth saving for.

Thank you, I dismissed due to the multiple failures that can be seen with the naked eye.

No doubt it's a very good buy, and is not that expensive, at least the steel version... I have it on a list of possible buy for my 40th birthday, unfortunately I want too many watches xD

Last edited:

Horace Derwent

Known Member
17/6/10
I paid around the same money for my gen as what you would pay for a rolex Submariner. I think it's 10x the watch and a relative bargain worth saving for.

Well said pistebasher , well said !

Plus, a real watch enthusiast - like me and you and alot of RWI member WILL notice the Breguet and WILL NOT notice the Sub !

Really, Breguet are one of the few brand i would (and i will !) buy in Gen

Reactions: pistebasher

pistebasher

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/6/20
UK
Well said pistebasher , well said !

Plus, a real watch enthusiast - like me and you and alot of RWI member WILL notice the Breguet and WILL NOT notice the Sub !

Really, Breguet are one of the few brand i would (and i will !) buy in Gen

You are a man after my own heart :D. 100% agreement!

Horace_Derwent

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
7/1/13
Cyberspace
breguet.jpg

Very satisfied !

I promise that i will do a better photo, the dial is really something...what a watch.

Last edited: