• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Blancpain No Radiation 40mm 5008D Get it Repped!

StrangwaysAtoll

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/5/22
Jamaica
Any updates on if they will rep the 40mm No Radiations? ZF should be able to use the case and movement from the current Barrakuda no? Not to be greedy, would be nice if they cleaned up the rep movement 1151.

ward1991

Luminor-Based
Patron
Certified
24/7/13
Any updates on if they will rep the 40mm No Radiations? ZF should be able to use the case and movement from the current Barrakuda no? Not to be greedy, would be nice if they cleaned up the rep movement 1151.
I haven't heard of anything. If we all bug our TDs enough word should make it back to the factories. And then hopefully they act on it

I want this watch so bad

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

DoctorDark

Known Member
16/2/19
Los Angeles

You would think that. I have been waiting for this 40mm rep for a long time now

Sent from the RWI App

Alhig72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
15/11/16
UK
You would think that. I have been waiting for this 40mm rep for a long time now

Sent from the RWI App
It might not be long,
These are just starting to pop up on ali express and ebay, with the triangle at 12 bezel insert (correct for no radiations version) and apart from not having the engraving or display case back it's the same case as the zf barakuda so keep an eye out
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/17526601...4476281187&widget_ver=artemis&media=WHATS_APP

Sent from my SM-F711B using Tapatalk

DoctorDark

Known Member
16/2/19
Los Angeles
It might not be long,
These are just starting to pop up on ali express and ebay, with the triangle at 12 bezel insert (correct for no radiations version) and apart from not having the engraving or display case back it's the same case as the zf barakuda so keep an eye out
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/17526601...4476281187&widget_ver=artemis&media=WHATS_APP

Sent from my SM-F711B using Tapatalk

I really hope you are right. If they finally release some of the other 40mm blancpains that would be really nice. The 45mm ones are just nonsensical.

monkeypie

9/12/08
GS Factory just released ones which you can find on the Chinese (non-TD) sites.

The datewheel on the photos look off though. The Only Watch version doesn't have a date and looks fine.

ward1991

Luminor-Based
Patron
Certified
24/7/13
GS Factory just released ones which you can find on the Chinese (non-TD) sites.

The datewheel on the photos look off though. The Only Watch version doesn't have a date and looks fine.
Pm me a link if you would be so kind!

ward1991

Luminor-Based
Patron
Certified
24/7/13

ward1991

Luminor-Based
Patron
Certified
24/7/13
I really hope you are right. If they finally release some of the other 40mm blancpains that would be really nice. The 45mm ones are just nonsensical.
Gimme a no rad, milspec, 38mm bathyscaphe and a "regular" fifty fathoms in 40mm along with my barrakuda and ill gladly kick all my subs to the curb, I do declare.

They really need to rep the bracelets aswell...

Just asked Andrew about the GS Factory models, he said he hasn't gotten them yet, however he didnt say it was BS. So looks like it's only a matter of time, he may list them soon on trusty. Exciting stuff. The noob v1 45mm no rad was one of the first reps I blew a lot of money on back when I thought big watches were cool.

Last edited:

monkeypie

9/12/08
PT has it now. It looks like the datewheel was fixed. The one I saw on another site had datewheel that was totally off, particularly for single digits. The PT one looks fine. I can't speak to the rest of the watch though, and will let those with much keener eyes comment.

Last edited:

monkeypie

9/12/08
Also noticed:

The "1" and "4" on the bezel seem a bit thin. It was a problem with some batches with the original FF.

The "No Radiations" symbol is a touch to small. It is only noticeable if you look with the gen side to side, but once you see it, it is quite obvious.

newest dude on the forum

Some Guy
Supporter
Certified
17/8/20
The EnGrave Yard
Yikes... you serious?

bp20220803_204.jpg

Alhig72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
15/11/16
UK
And I honestly don't know why they haven't. Need a dial and bezel insert. Case is already present with the Barrakuda

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
I ordered one but not the orange version, hand colour is a bit off compared with the gen , maybe it's better in person but I'll wait and see
zocaZS.jpg

zociIQ.jpg

ward1991

Luminor-Based
Patron
Certified
24/7/13
I ordered one but not the orange version, hand colour is a bit off compared with the gen , maybe it's better in person but I'll wait and see
zocaZS.jpg

zociIQ.jpg
I think it looks a little funky too. However, there is only one gen in the world, right? They only made one of these for the only watch auction, atleast that's how I interpreted it

Alhig72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
15/11/16
UK
I think it looks a little funky too. However, there is only one gen in the world, right? They only made one of these for the only watch auction, atleast that's how I interpreted it
I think so yeah,
I would like to see them do the hodinkee milspec as well as that also shares the same case ,hopefully we'll see that one next
It's my favourite one out of all the 40mm fifty fathoms
zqzyMJ.jpg

Last edited:

Nick010

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
31/3/20
Rotterdam
Really curious about the QC on the orange one. The combination of it looks sweet on the gen pics.