• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Jtime Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (custom) vs ZF

maximfrei

Supporter
Certified
19/5/16
Hello, dear rep lovers!

I fell deeply in love with Blancpain Fifty Fathoms some years ago... and I am super glad to see a special custom version of this watch produced by Jtime which makes FF more special for me. Especially, when you see thousands of Rolexes around and factories competing in replicating it; so sometimes I feel Blancpain superunderrated.

I did not owe a Noob one, so I went with ZF last year and enjoyed it so much. I also did some adjustments here: https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...ng-of-the-dead

I recently heard that ZF updated FF (however never saw "V2" naming of it), but I still decided to buy a new one from Jtime, in this case not being led by "big" factories names like Noob or ZF. And I must say I am SUPER SURPRIZED!

IMG-6462.jpg

On the left side is Jtime, on the right is ZF. Again, I did not see the updated ZF one, which changed a bit fonts (?), STEEL engragving and teeth of bezel at least, so I compare with mine purchased in July 2019.

The difference compared to ZF QC is super clear with the naked eye. I noticed instantly:

1) The new for this rep construction of the insert with a lume ring inside makes a real difference! The black color is more shiny and the lume is more brighter; the numbers have some kind of shadows when you look at them at a different angle; I would say on Jtime rep they are more 3D, not plain like on ZF.

2) The dial marks. They are fantastic! When you look at ZF, they are super plain and looking super cheap; I can't explain it but believe me: the finishing on Jtime and overall attention to details is more pronounced. Dial marks on ZF are looking sharp for me; super plain; the edges of marks are "cut" and not that polished. Contrary, on Jtime they are more rounded and 3D.

3) The crystal. I do not know if my ZF bunch has a different xstal with AR coating missing, but when I compare it to my Jtime rep, the dial is more clear on Jtime for sure; especially when you look at some angle. Also, the positioning of the xtal on Jtime is lower than on ZF.

4) The dial font. On ZF it is bolder. On Jtime is more accurate. It makes me confused, because Jtime's datewheel font is thinner, and I am still getting used to it after a year with ZF. Not sure which font a gen has, but in the thread of comparing Jtime to Gen they have the same one, I guess (want to believe).

5) Moving from the dial font to the font of datewheel and to the disc in general, I must say the datewheel is really sunk on Jtime. However, I did not see that the edge of date window is done poorly; I can live with it.

6) The engraving of the crown on Jtime is less pronounced, I like ZFs more, but really do not care; again can live with it or interchange (?).

IMG-6466.jpg

7) The bezel teeth on both of watches are super different. On Jtime they are obviously smaller and, according to pics, is more gen like. The bezel click on Jtime is super soild, not cheap sound.

8) I saw no real difference in lug screws; do not know why some people say ZF's are better. Also, I barely see the difference in "Blancpain".

IMG-6467.jpg

9) The lug part itself (where the strap is attached) is different. For example, the very part close to lug screws is more rounded on Jtime, but the angle from the case to this part is more sharper than on ZF.

IMG-6466.jpg

10) The engraving on caseback. I find Jtime's font on the caseback thicker. Also, some numbers are different in size. Take a look at 2 in 6224. I tried to Google it and saw that on gen FF they all should be with the same height. So I consider ZF's caseback better. However, the font of STEEL is much more better on Jtime.

IMG-6465.jpg

11) The strap on Jtime is super cheap honestly :) But I have a ZF one with a buckle, may wreplace it.

12) Ah, and the position of the hands stack is hardly noticable in real life. In addition, on my ZF they are even more higher (probably, should be vice versa; maybe because I have a SWISS ETA on my ZF).

13) The middle of the dial on Jtime is a bit lighter (greyish). Do not know if it is an instant tell or not from gen; on ZF the middle of the dial is darker for sure.

I did not look at my watches with the magnifier, this is just the second day I enjoy Jtime, but overall I can say is that:

- The attention to details on Jtime is fantastic; no dust, no scratches on dial and hands, really nothing! Amazing QC. No glue on datewheel like on my ZF. Positioning of the date wheel is sunk, but no that bad. No difference in lug screws for me. Better engraving of STEEL. Better teeth. Dial marks and font are super nice. Bezel insert construction, black color and lume make real difference.

- I think of putting on Jtime my ZF's caseback with correct numbers, because its font is thicker even then on gen: https://picr.me/i/2019/04/19/VRckUD.jpg

- Maybe I should put the crown from ZF on Jtime.

- Put the strap from ZF on Jtime.

- No need to change the dial from ZF to Jtime as some people said here; the dial on Jtime is the best one.

- Shall I put my ETA from ZF to Jtime? Will it fit? I also thought of putting the datewheel from Jtime on my ETA to achive 100% positioning and deepness. But I am afraid of dust and the rest on the dial; not Jtime is excellent, I could not find anything on the dial or hands.

- I found used gen hands from Blancpain FF Grande Date. Will they fit both movements? If yes, I may consider them, build ETA with Jtime's datewheen and gen hands. The watch may become even better?...

- Any suggestions?...

And last photos:

Jtime:

IMG-6463.jpg

ZF:

IMG-6464.jpg

Last edited:

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Nice review, but it’s two different year models, ZF 2016 model, no name old I think 2003 or 2004 not sure , so you compare two different models , ZF now very scary close to gen if u are lucky with flawless QC , no name Olso perfect but there’s big flaws need to fix .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maximfrei

Supporter
Certified
19/5/16
Nice review, but it’s two different year models, ZF 2016 model, no name old I think 2003 or 2004 not sure , so you compare two different models , ZF now very scary close to gen if u are lucky with flawless QC , no name Olso perfect but there’s big flaws need to fix .

Yeah, thank you, you are right. Will you buy a new ZF one?

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Yeah, thank you, you are right. Will you buy a new ZF one?

Yes but I can’t see new QC for this watch with bracelet, I need more HQ pics , I hope someone upload latest batch two weeks ago or month recived rep.

maximfrei

Supporter
Certified
19/5/16
I think we can also ask dealers just to send us pictures. I did it several times and it worked.

maximfrei

Supporter
Certified
19/5/16
Sometimes when I rotate bezel on Jtime it looses lume, eh

dood

Known Member
14/7/15
@ OP - thank you for this. After one year of ownership how has the J-Time custom held up quality-wise? Have you had either your ZF or J-Time waterproofed?
I have a gen swiss 2836 that needs a home and itchy to pull the trigger on one of these.

m00nwatch

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/8/21
EU
Thanks for comparing them! I was curious about the strap as the FF strap isn’t trivial at all with inner lining. No luck here for a worthy rep…

titoune11299

Looking Around
3/7/06
Hello friend
can someone tell me if is a direct swap for a Eta 2836-2 on JTIME watch ?? ( only the mouvement)

regard

Last edited:

Desfluorane

Horology Curious
27/1/22
EU
Hi mates.. what do you think about FF XPS on Trustytime in offer with 23% discount? It seems to me very nice and good choice. Pls tell me your opinion. Really thanks!

Coniuratus

Looking Around
8/11/22

Admittedly, you wrote about big flaws a long time ago. I didn't find these at first glance in the comparative text of the two models. What do you mean exactly? Are they instant tells?