• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Best Bathyscaphe these days? GF vs ZF?

micksmith1987

Renowned Member
1/9/18
Looks good! I'm selling the ZF and while taking more pics of it, I must say now I think both watches are good, and maybe even on a par with each other. Comparing to gen, GF has a better dial; but it is ZF that has more gen-like crown and buckle.; Movement works better on GF. Generally speaking, a good watchsmith could make a great gen-like combo of these two watches. And after wearing the GF for more than two weeks, I know now why BP Fifty Fathoms (and Bathyscaphe) are considered the ultimate dive watch. They are super easy to read in the dark/poor lighting conditions.

cazapata25

Horology Curious
1/2/20
mickszym you are OK, FF Bathyscaphe is a spectacular watch. I really love it and both ZF and GF are good, even my watchmaker mistook it for a GEN.

LanZ77

Horology Curious
8/6/20
Im really into the Noob... dont know why but looks kinda more complete to my eyes

Ticktock8

👽👽👽👽👽
Patron
Certified
27/2/17
UK
Thanks for this. Just about to press go on an all black version. Gf v2.. there should be more love for these watches. It's the hands that do it for me. Reminds me of an old gen sinn I had. Anyway I'm looking forward to this. Part of me wishes it was 40mm but I can't have everything! Time for me to go under the radar with a few non Rolex reps. Appreciate all the write ups and comments. Cheers all. Will post pictures when mine arrives

Ticktock8

👽👽👽👽👽
Patron
Certified
27/2/17
UK
So after some confusion with my TD, basically the black seemed to be a lower price, but it wasn't... I went for the blue. It's literally just arrived. I'm delighted. Had a moment with a gen watch in the US and this really does feel like it's the same. Obviously not got any side by side photos but this watch should get more love. Going to be my daily for a while I'm certain. Here are some pictures! Hooray!