• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Best Bathyscaphe these days? GF vs ZF?

micksmith1987

Renowned Member
1/9/18
Hello gentlemen,
Hope you are all safe and sane in these crazy times! I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with the 43mm Bathyscaphes? GF ZF? Some other? I've seen both regular and ceramic versions on Puretime and Trusty. Any input will be appreciated!
Thanks!
M.

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
I have a GF Bathyscaphe, been told by my TD it was the better version, but I think the differences are minimal

Reactions: addingwatch

micksmith1987

Renowned Member
1/9/18
Curious to know how you go mickszym
keep is in the loop

Just received first QC pics. I am not posting them here, since I have not approved the first watch. Let me just say that ZF quality control is pretty bad. A very nice looking watch... with a totally messed up crown (many dings, deep scratches)

JustWandering

18/9/16
Thanks for the update mickszym
good to know about the ZF. Surely the TD should look out for dings or scratches on the next one. Best of luck

micksmith1987

Renowned Member
1/9/18
Ok, another update. A new specimen of ZF arrived. QCs approved and the watch is en route to EU. This ZF is a bit better but I agree, from the QCs it looks like GF is a better choice.

micksmith1987

Renowned Member
1/9/18
UPDATE: ok, 8 days later the watches are already in the UK, now waiting for a repack and shipment to EU. Waiting is the worst part!

addingwatch

Known Member
Patron
27/2/07
UPDATE: ok, 8 days later the watches are already in the UK, now waiting for a repack and shipment to EU. Waiting is the worst part!

Wow. Impressively fast on the shipping. 22 days in on an approved Cartier for my wife and still no word.

JustWandering

18/9/16
That's a pretty decent turnaround delivery from your TD. Looking forward to hearing your verdict and some wrist shots mickszym

micksmith1987

Renowned Member
1/9/18
Nice! I thought I wanted a black one, but after trying on the blue one at ADs I changed my mind. But this one looks really good, too!