• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Fitting a new strap - confirmation on sizing and tools

Saiper

2/9/12
UK
I recently purchased a ZF FF and although I'm very impressed with the watch itself, the strap isn't really to my liking, so I've decided to change it. Before I do so, can someone please confirm some details for me?

​​​​​​Firstly, am I correct in saying that I'll require two T4 tools to remove the screw bars? Secondly, I've noticed that the screws at the ends of the bars turn freely and never fully tighten, so I'd like to change it. Can anyone recommend a suitable alternative; preferably something that doesn't detract from the authentic look of the originals? I could buy some gen ones from BP, but at £110 it's pushing it...

Lastly, any recommendations on straps? I'd like to avoid Natos, but something leather with a vintage look would be great; opinions welcomed.

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
Didn't the watch come with a GEN looking rubber strap? ZFs rubber straps are indistinguishable from GENs.

Saiper

2/9/12
UK
Didn't the watch come with a GEN looking rubber strap? ZFs rubber straps are indistinguishable from GENs.

True, however I'm wanting to swap it out for a vintage leather strap. Hence needing the confirm the size of the tools required to do the job.