• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF is making new Fifty Fathoms models

aguglia2018

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/3/18
me friends, i want buy an 45mm all steel fifty fatoms black dial, where i need a super rep?

Muskandar

9/8/17
CONUS
This looks promising.
Anyone have a picture of what the base movement looks like?
I hope it’s not a deco movement.
That dial is really good.
Following this thread!

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Muskandar

9/8/17
CONUS
I'm uneducated when it comes to Blancpain movement reps - could you elaborate?

well aside from the hideous appearance, I'd imagine they are a pain to service.
If they are even worth servicing, does anyone know the reliability of these clones movements?
Actually I think its a deco plate over top of an Asian clone. I feel like I recently read something about this.. it might be in this very thread , maybe a few pages back. Can't remember.
Website says Asian 23j automatic movement.. I dunno what it is

Last edited:

Swedish Cheese

Horology Curious
23/7/18
well aside from the hideous appearance, I'd imagine they are a pain to service.

Ok, thanks! The deco plate on the clone doesn't look the cleanest, but hey, even the genuine milspec rotor looks a bit cheap compared to the rest of the watch :)

Blancpain-Tribute-to-Fifty-Fathoms-MIL-SPEC-0878.jpg

asiparks1

Known Member
31/3/10
much ado about nothing....

both roughly 2 -2 1/2 years old, I can pick them up, set the time , give them a shake, and they'll work just fine-
Whether the deco plate bothers you from an accuracy POV is another thing. I don't care at all....

V5QH26.jpg

V5QdXq.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: EuroTime25 and Rel

bigtiddygothgf

7/10/18
If there is an update it will be posted here. Follow the thread and wait for update notifications. ^-^

Sent from the RWI App

yeah I guessed there just must have been no news worth sharing, but it's been months since the last update so I figured I'd ask. hoping that ZF is still working on it and hasn't abandoned the project. I reckon the AP's, Tudor's etc are probably higher up their priority list to pump out first before they tackle the BP's. hopefully we get some news soon.