• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF is making new Fifty Fathoms models

ShovelnTC

Renowned Member
14/6/13
AU
The ones you refer to are either 45mm or 43.6mm, that's why they use the chinese Hangzhou 7000, so that the date can be in the correct position at the edge of the dial. These are 40mm, so that caliber won't fit, and the most likely option is therefore a Miyota 9015 as ZF does not generally use a2824s...

Pretty sure all of the ZF Tudor BB's use A2824

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
Also, gen is 13mm thick, with 2mm coming from the box sapphire crystal, therefore to fit an automatic movement, with deco plates on top, you need a quite thin movement, which makes the Miyota 9015 a much better candidate than the a2824

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
I, for one, am very excited. While I wish we were getting a more 'generic' 40mm model with nothing at the 6 oclock area, I am still satisfied. The moisture meter on the 5008, and the globe of the Ocean Commitment are both fine. I REALLY hope ZF nails the blue Ocean Commitment III, because its a very dark blue dial, and the bezel is a deep navy as well. If they get it right, I'm in.

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
I, for one, am very excited. While I wish we were getting a more 'generic' 40mm model with nothing at the 6 oclock area, I am still satisfied. The moisture meter on the 5008, and the globe of the Ocean Commitment are both fine. I REALLY hope ZF nails the blue Ocean Commitment III, because its a very dark blue dial, and the bezel is a deep navy as well. If they get it right, I'm in.

kobe24 said ZF is buying some 40mm gens to rep these, and as the mil spec is already sold out but the BOC III is not, there is hope they get the latter!

maitre yoda

11/1/19
France - Savoie
Hello, ZF seems to be a very good manufacturer but when I go around some TD from here, I can find a 40mm ocean blue FF with a Miyota inside. I'm looking for one for my wife. Or maybe my eyes are tired ...

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
Hello, ZF seems to be a very good manufacturer but when I go around some TD from here, I can find a 40mm ocean blue FF with a Miyota inside. I'm looking for one for my wife. Or maybe my eyes are tired ...

If you read this thread you'll understand that the 40mm FF have not been released yet

Billd

27/6/13
New York City Area
Can you tell me if any of our trusted dealers are currently carrying the Blancpain Fifty Fathom Barakuda or Titanium models (with nylon strap) in 40.3MM. I've looked at few of the TD sites and seem to be able to find only 45MM.

If someone is selling this rep currently could you either let me know who to contact or send me a link.

Thanks very much for your help.

Bill

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
Can you tell me if any of our trusted dealers are currently carrying the Blancpain Fifty Fathom Barakuda or Titanium models (with nylon strap) in 40.3MM. I've looked at few of the TD sites and seem to be able to find only 45MM.

If someone is selling this rep currently could you either let me know who to contact or send me a link.

Thanks very much for your help.

Bill

Still not released! Prob Q4-19

Reactions: Billd

cyblade

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
24/4/18
Barakuda for me, thanks.

Dr. Palouk

2/5/17
Hope they get it accurate, I am looking forward for a mil spec for a long time now. I think this watch deserves a 2892, though the price might be higher I really think many people would pay the extra buck to get a high quality finishing piece with a smooth movement. Just my two cents here

Reactions: wildrabbit

anonymus

Known Member
18/5/12
That is great news and gorgeous variations there. What’s the story with the last one there?
That would be the combat divers edition I guess.
Nice that the RG wil come with a blue dial, was just about to ask if someone was carrying that as im having a hell of a time choosing between Ti-black Ti-blue SS-Black & RG-Black.. RG-Blue would be perfect I think with a blueish stingray-strap.. ok looking forward to that.,
/ :?:

Reactions: Lobster2010