• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Review of Another High Version 50 Fathoms 5015 vs. Gen (A Better Choice Instead of ZF or Noob?)

jtimewatch

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
12/3/19
Guangzhou, China
Hello guys!

Glad to post a review on RWI again.

Today I am going to share another nice rep Blancpain 50 Fathoms (ref. 5015-1130-52) to you all.

I believe it has been rarely seen both out side and in China because it is not publicly released to many dealers yet.

Here we go!

VRc69T.jpg

General Front View
As you can see, it is kind of difficult to tell the difference if you just casually have a quick glance over these 2 watches.
Here is a point should be mentioned:
The sapphire of front glass and insert are dealt with special coating turns out a very clear effect.

VRcV3e.jpg

Logo Printing on Dial
It's using the same way to apply these words and logo onto dial as genuine, and they look like almost exactly same as genuine.

VRcW6A.jpg

Hand Stack
The hands made seems nice and really close to the genuine.
But there are 2 obvious differences here when we look at it such closely I suppose:
1. Space between hour hand and dial is smaller than genuine.
2. Space between second hand and minute hand is bigger than genuine.

VRczTQ.jpg

Date Display Window
Well, as we can see this part on rep may be not that good.
1. The numeral font is close to the genuine, but still slightly different.
2. The edge of the window is not well dealt with as genuine.

VRcyCf.jpg

6 O'clock Position View
Words printing on the dial is as good as upper Logo printing I suppose.
6 numeral marker is great in shape and 3D built effect, almost same as the genuine and even the lume color.

VRcI3X.jpg

Bezel Teeth
The edge and the shape might be the best version close to the genuine compares with other rep 50 fathoms.

VRc0Th.jpg

Crown Side
"JB" engraving seems nice on 3D effect.

VRcCGp.jpg

Front View of Crown
It's seems a little bit wider than the genuine, but with good edging and shape.

VRcREs.jpg

Back View of Crown
The detailed shape of crown guard is a little bit different from the genuine.

VRcx4U.jpg

Engraving Side
In orde to achive a better 3D detailed effect, the rep is using CNC engraving machine to do the job.
It is close to the genuine, but the font seems a little bit deeper and wider.

VRckUD.jpg

VRcGG8.jpg

Case Back
The engraving is same as side one, close the genuine but not very good at details as the genuine.

VRclYb.jpg

Inside of Case Back
Same engraving as the genuine, its font is a little bigger and darker.

VRcwE3.jpg

Anti-Magnetic Case Back

VRcgU2.jpg

Lume Cube at 12 Position
Here is an important point should be mentioned:
The genuine lume cube in fact is under the sapphire insert, so there is a tiny space between lume part and the domed sapphire turns out a 3D effect with shadows.
This rep is the only version using the same insert structure with a lume ring as the genuine in this industry, you will see later.
I beleive other factories fill the lume materials in the insert sapphire directly instead of putting a lume ring under the insert.

VRcF4d.jpg

Genuine Insert Structure

VRcYPZ.jpg

Rep Inser Structure
Sorry about we didn't tear the insert apart, but it is same as the genuine.

VRcdKR.jpg

Lume Ring
It is the only one 50 fathoms using a lume ring like the genuine, evne though it's a little bit yellower than the genuine.
But I think this difference will be hardly noticed when the lume ring is under the sapphire insert.

VRcOUa.jpg

Lume Effect View

VRcqYg.jpg

VRctay.jpg

Tang Buckle
It seems nice no matter the polishing or shaping.

VRc5Kq.jpg

Lug Screw
It looks a little different from the genuine, but it can totally replace the genuine screw as we already had a try.

VRcaPG.jpg

Movement
Asian 2836 bronze movement, nothing special.

VRcBh6.jpg

Final General View

OK, these will be all I have to share. Hope you will like our post.

In general, it's not a perfect rep but I'd like say this one maybe better than other high rep versions at lume effect, marker shape, bezel structure, detail treatment and etc.

And I am sorry to tell that due to some "political" reasons here in this industry, we could not compare it with ZF verison or Noob version directly even though we can easily get these watches back.

You know, everything I said above is only my own opinion, and everyone will be welcomed to leave a comment here no matter what it would be.

Thank you all and cheers.

All The Best

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
Thank you for review, would be interesting to compare side by side with ZF

I do not have the original, asiparks1 has, maybe can chime in

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Thanks , I showed more then one comparison included video ZF vs Gen , zig need more updates to perfection .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Thanks , I showed more then one comparison included video ZF vs Gen , zig need more updates to perfection .

ZF

grandhotel

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/8/16
I have the ZF titanium version, not sure if I prefer the shiny steel or my matte version now. hmmmm