• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Blancpain Fifty Fathoms Chrono OMF

Chemicalz

Renowned Member
27/2/15
So comparing the datewheel quickly you can see how the font looks to be wrong, but after a bit of a research there seems to be two gen batches with two different fonts
OMF
2133f0aafdc56bfdead234b890cbd260.png

GEN
blancpain_fifty_fathoms_flyback_chrono_ref._5085f-1130-52_black_dial-22059-dupe_2.jpg

You can clearly see here that the two is off, however i was able to find at least one 5085 with the font as OMF
(Poor quality video) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwY1GzJtArQ
And one good quality video (although it shows the blue version of the watch, but i think that doesnt really matter) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwY1GzJtArQ

If this is under 500 dollars i will grab one, otherwise it can stay where it is
I am afraid OMF will price it over 600 just like their new moonwatch

Klokkeren

Known Member
24/1/11
To me I like this better than the three hand fifty fathoms.. Chronos is normally larger than three hands watches, and to me it is more acceptable size wise.
Regarding this OMF rep.. it looks good too me, but I am no expert.. :)

gigi77

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/17
I prefer the cleaner look of the 3 hands.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
It does look very nice.

How reliable are the 7750's in these?

I have them in a couple of Panerais - minus the chronograph module and they have been running fine.

Is their time-bomb reputation deserved?

eta2893

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/3/19
Is there a typo? Is it 880 USD? It would still be expensive for an A7750 IMHO

operator10

Horology Curious
23/6/18
eta2893 they’ve put the price as something ridiculous to indicate that it’s not released yet / price hasn’t been determined.

muiramas I saw a post recently that describes that what can make the A7750 movements unreliable is when they are modified to suit the watch design. Unmodified, or modified correctly, they are totally fine. I think we’ll likely have to wait until release to see if it’s been done in a stable way here. If anyone with good knowledge about A7750s can pitch in, that would be appreciated!

operator10

Horology Curious
23/6/18
Price is now out at $518. In a bit of a grey area for me, but if movement turns out to be reliable, I’ll grab one.

SAInBeijing8888

Horology Curious
7/3/17
Has anyone bought it yet? highly appreciated if they can share the review on this watch, i am tempted to get one myself but not too sure about OMF quality.... Thanks.

fletch512

Known Member
9/5/06
The main tell that I can spot is the date window sits lower on the rep than the gen. In the rep, the date window is mostly below the seconds subdial. In the gen, the date window sits mostly within the seconds subdial. This is probably a result of using the 7750 movement and can't be fixed. As noted above, the date font may be incorrect for the black dial version, but maybe there were variations. And of course, the 7750 is not a flyback movement. Otherwise, seems pretty close to the gen from the pictures available.

SAInBeijing8888

Horology Curious
7/3/17
tokar112, i am afraid that video tells the truth, the chrono function doesn't work for this replica, if OMF incorporates this function, the thickness of the watch will be more than 16mm.... no longer interested to purchase this one anymore....

asiparks1

Known Member
31/3/10
tokar112, i am afraid that video tells the truth, the chrono function doesn't work for this replica, if OMF incorporates this function, the thickness of the watch will be more than 16mm.... no longer interested to purchase this one anymore....

the chrono only runs for around 10 seconds, I wouldn’t expect the sub dials at 3 and 9 to move. Clearly the chrono stop/start works. Why would the watch need to be thicker than 16mm for the minute and hour counters to work ?