• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Replica blancpain with fake movement being sold as gen on ebay

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
i think with customa case and parts he means that
Besides look at the price

edit - now i saw the rest
He says all parts except movement are aftermarket

Last edited:

santieceballos

18/4/12
i think with customa case and parts he means that
Besides look at the price

edit - now i saw the rest
He says all parts except movement are aftermarket

Exactly, he’s saying the movement is genuine which is impossible for that price... I wrote him a message telling him he was taking advantage of people and he’s answer was that he has sold 10 of these watches and nobody is complaining... What a horrible person.

Sent from the RWI App

santieceballos

18/4/12
I already reported him... but Ebay doesn’t care, they just want to make money. I feel bad for those people paying up to $1,500 for this replicas that you can buy from davidsen at $300.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Could he possibly be any more confusing in his description....OE? Agreed that is not a blancpain movement, and for the description everything else on there is replica so it's a convoluted way of saying it's a fake. Reported for all the good it does.

JoeyT

Put Some Respect On My Name
11/8/14
Reported, nothing will come of it though

shyreplover

Renowned Member
12/6/06
Ever since I was a member in TRC, people in rep world always attempt to be some sort of guardian angel in eBay.
Are these acts of kindness (civilian police) appreciated by both eBay and buyers?
Scammers and suckers born every second.... and some people here are emotional about it.

Now, here's my reason for not caring about this scam. Bidders on eBay bidding on luxury watch are not poor or marginal people. They have extra money to burn on non essential items. I always do research before I made important decisions. I always re-check other people's report.... this is how you keep your job, never rely on your subordinate 100%.
So it is the bidder's fault for being too lazy to search on google.
Being burned on eBay might actually give these people an important lesson in life.

Jester929rr

The inquisitive one
18/9/18
Ever since I was a member in TRC, people in rep world always attempt to be some sort of guardian angel in eBay.
Are these acts of kindness (civilian police) appreciated by both eBay and buyers?
Scammers and suckers born every second.... and some people here are emotional about it.

Now, here's my reason for not caring about this scam. Bidders on eBay bidding on luxury watch are not poor or marginal people. They have extra money to burn on non essential items. I always do research before I made important decisions. I always re-check other people's report.... this is how you keep your job, never rely on your subordinate 100%.
So it is the bidder's fault for being too lazy to search on google.
Being burned on eBay might actually give these people an important lesson in life.

You have a seriously twisted view of right and wrong.

Jester929rr

The inquisitive one
18/9/18
You care to explain your comment in more than 1 sentence?

Really? Not sure where you’re from, but in most cultures the people in that society work to protect those living in it. While suckers are born every minute I don’t think it’s a great policy to let them get taken “advantage” of because we think they should have done more to prevent it. There are a million examples that hat illustrate this. I could quote many even though Im unlikely to change your mind anyway. The administration and moderators of this forum prevent profiteering when selling for this exact reason.

shyreplover

Renowned Member
12/6/06
I thought we're talking about lazy people willing to spend thousands of dollar on eBay items without doing any due diligence?

If you wanna talk about society protecting each other, then please explain why credit card companies are allowed to charged 25% interest legally. Whoever teaching these people that having debt is cool should be banished from the village, yes?

The power of the internet is immense, everything is available online and all you need to do is type it on the keyboard.
My parents taught me to spend wisely and I'm teaching my kids the same.
The admins and mods of this forum have a simpler task than ebay as they do not need to weed out the fakes.... for obvious reason. And this is a smaller group.
One thing that I admire from this forum is that the admins always say "do your research".... just like my professors in college

Last edited:

asiparks1

Known Member
31/3/10
I thought we're talking about lazy people willing to spend thousands of dollar on eBay items without doing any due diligence?

If you wanna talk about society protecting each other, then please explain why credit card companies are allowed to charged 25% interest legally. Whoever teaching these people that having debt is cool should be banished from the village, yes?

The power of the internet is immense, everything is available online and all you need to do is type it on the keyboard.
My parents taught me to spend wisely and I'm teaching my kids the same.
The admins and mods of this forum have a simpler task than ebay as they do not need to weed out the fakes.... for obvious reason. And this is a smaller group.
One thing that I admire from this forum is that the admins always say "do your research".... just like my professors in college

I agree with you, if you think you're scoring a genuine Blancpain movement for that kind of money, you might want to take a breath and dig a little deeper before buying...That old adage, "if it seems to good to be true...." but critical thinking is often overidden by the desire to score a bargain; getting something for almost nothing. Greed essentially.

Jester929rr In most cultures, people will look out for those with whom they have a personal relationship. They will be kind to strangers as long as there's little cost to doing so, ( like reporting fakes to ebay ). People have different threshholds at which they will cross over into self serving, but if the gain is big enough, they will find self justification for doing so. It's a bit sad, but there's no shortage of studies showing how fragile moral behaviors are when opportunity arises...
Unless you are self employed, your boss, his boss, your company are all taking advantage of you. If you are self employed, the banks will be taking advantage of you, and you are likely taking advantage of anyone who contracts with you. We've normalized this behavior and call it business.
Persoanlly, I regard people selling fakes as real on ebay a scum, but I'm not here to help people, who could know better, from making bad choices on frivolous purchases...

We are after all, all enjoying and supporting an illegal business in fake goods, whilst choosing to turn a blind eye to the greater effects of said business, upstream and downstream....Perhaps reporting on Ebay gets a bit of good Karma back ?

opronnie

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
25/11/13
The troibke with people reporting you on ebay for false selling can simply be someone selling the same as you and wants yours gone. I've had a montblanc pen genuine removed as someone accused me of selling fakes!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Reactions: vcappp