• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Fifty Fathoms SS Black ZF VS Gen

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
Looks gorgeous.
Any chance you can post a picture of the caseback?
I just ordered mine and the engravings are all messed up, just wanna make sure not all of them are like that.
Sure mate, I'll do that when I get home tonight.

Envoyé de mon ELE-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

Reactions: AP_VC

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
Here is mine, the engravings look normal. What is wrong with your, the QC pics show bad caseback?

Reactions: Rel

AP_VC

20/2/12
Well, if you look at the comparison to the gen above, the serial number is supposed to form the shape of a circle (similar to the "Blancpain" engraving), and it was close enough at the time of the comparison, but it seems that it was changed at once stage, and now it looks weird; you have two numbers being higher than the other two and the whole shape just doesn't make too much sense.
P.S.: That's just me being overly OCD, because the one I ordered has the same type of engraving.
Wear yours in good health and thanks for the pictures.

Reactions: maximfrei

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
Yes to each his own OCD level of course, for example the problem for me is the DW, it's incorrect regarding the gen. I ordered a ZF one to Li to replace the actual one on mine. Apart of that, this "JTime exclusive" FF is a very good watch.

On the caseback the serial numbers could benefit a slightly more pronounced circle shape true, but it's quite hard to tell at 1rst sight.
The up/down placement of the numbers is because of the font choice. It's the same type of calligraphic font on the gen, but straight in line. Even though, to me the caseback is decent enough.
The engravement is deep and fat on the rep, but it's found on gens too as it varies in depth and width from series to series, so overall I think it's pretty good on the rep.
303590680e7c20613ed06154e5d0de20.jpg

Envoyé de mon ELE-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Rel

maximfrei

Supporter
Certified
19/5/16
I agree with you guys, Jtime is a supernice rep, but the position of serial digits also bothers me.

I think if one is lucky to find during QC the numbers straight in line, he buys almost a pefect rep. I would also replace the DW from ZF...