• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

GF Bathyscaphe *TITANIUM*

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
Now this looks pretty nice..

https://www.ts-station.cn/mobile/goods.php?ProId=24657

Something about the black ceramic looked a little off to me. The crown engraving on this titanium version looks much, much better. Bezel markings look improved on this too..

Pretty good looking! I find very funny how GF is not competing directly with ZF by releasing other versions of the Bathyscaphe (e.g. titanium/black ceramic vs steel/gray ceramic)

mgberns

Supporter
Certified
10/12/15
Yes, but they also use different case sets.

The ZF architecture is much, much closer to gen than GF. But the QC of GF vs ZF is no contest. I guess in the end it depends what's variable to the consumer. My blue ZF gains a lot of time, probably like +20s or so a day and the crown is wobbly in the time set position. All the limited videos I've seen of GF, this doesn't look to be the case and the movement is an apparent workhorse...

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18

The ZF architecture is much, much closer to gen than GF. But the QC of GF vs ZF is no contest. I guess in the end it depends what's variable to the consumer. My blue ZF gains a lot of time, probably like +20s or so a day and the crown is wobbly in the time set position. All the limited videos I've seen of GF, this doesn't look to be the case and the movement is an apparent workhorse...

Could please share more about what specific point you think that ZF architecture is much closer to genuine than GF ? thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17

I think movement is the same in both GF and ZF, so it's really down to QC. My blue ZF is still on the way as my TD had to send it back to the factory to have it regulated as it was way too fast

mgberns

Supporter
Certified
10/12/15
They definitely have different case architectures..

Look at ZF vs GF vs Gen. ZF pretty much replicates the architecture spot on versus GF.

If you look at the case shape, the ZF side bevels are a touch thicker than GF, closer to gen. Morever, take a look at crown position, GF is a bit high where ZF and Gen sit lower. Even the shape of the crown. ZF and Gen at the bottom of the crown shape out to be \ /, versus GF has like a bevel into another circle..

I'm pretty certain the movement is different, as if they were the same movement, I think crown heights would be the same. The slightly different thickness may or may not make a difference. In titanium and ceramic watches, I suppose you'd feel the difference less because of the weight. My blue ceramic ZF Bathyscaphe weights about 105grams, I would think the steel variant is significantly heavier.

GF does achieve the look nicely however. The gen titanium version to my understanding is discontinued. Also, the GF titanium looks to have steel polished hands, where as gen titanium pics appear to have blackened steel polished hands. And if we're nit picking, the hour hand may be a touch thicker. Lol

I think the Bathyscaphe is by far one of the most wearable, versatile divers. Couple that with the perceived better QC of GF and a better movement, we may have a winner.

My blue Bathyscaphe has some QC issues that would be easily missed in QC photos, to the point where I told my td about them and it was very hard to capture with my camera.

Reactions: csthe and vcappp