• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Blancpain Villeret Uses a 9015?

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
My guess is that the buttons under the lugs control the day date month changes and it's not a moon phase but a day night wheel.

Reactions: vcappp

Ams55557

Renowned Member
16/3/18
Ahh. So you actually set the day of week and month yourself. Got it it. That’s why it comes with a tool.

The jlc has a proper moon phase - I wonder if there will be a v3 with that movement.

Amaiel

Supporter
Certified
27/4/16

Eightyate

Looking Around
12/7/18
I bought a Villeret 6654 from Puretime. Puretime says the movement is actually an Asian A23J movement. Anyways, the moon phase works perfectly. In fact, everything on this watch works perfectly. It looks exactly like the gen, except for the strap.

Reactions: Ams55557 and vcappp

Matty369

Supporter
Certified
24/8/16
EU
As far as I understood, you must manually adjust date hand and day window, each day, correct ?
If that's the case, it kinda defeats the purpose. Maybe it would be fun for few day but later on it would be pain in the butt, at least for me.

Reactions: rcom440

Ams55557

Renowned Member
16/3/18
I just got mine. It’s gorgeous and works. Well. Works except for the moon phase which is installed backwards. So the moon moves counterclockwise. Obviously a defect as the push buttons are opposite from the video. It’s a shame because it soo close to being perfect.

Reactions: vcappp

effewatch

30/10/18
Europe
As far as I understood, you must manually adjust date hand and day window, each day, correct ?
If that's the case, it kinda defeats the purpose. Maybe it would be fun for few day but later on it would be pain in the butt, at least for me.

It would be interesting to know this.

Chemicalz

Renowned Member
27/2/15
It would be interesting to know this.

I had that watch, I sold it.
Date hand and day windows advanced automatically. The huge problem with this watch was that the moon window rotates in the opposite sense compared to how it should be.

effewatch

30/10/18
Europe
I had that watch, I sold it.
Date hand and day windows advanced automatically. The huge problem with this watch was that the moon window rotates in the opposite sense compared to how it should be.

Thanks mate, good to know. Sadly it seems difficult to catch for the TDs, few people look for it