• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF will release Blue Ceramic Bathyscaphe very soon.

rj999

I'm Pretty Popular
20/10/13
UK
Have had the back off this one several times now, each time using my Timegrapher to get it to +3-5 seconds or so a day. Wear it for a day and it seems ok. 2 days later, it's back up to plus 14-20 seconds a day. I think the hair spring has a flat. When I regulate it I move it just off the fault area, but a couple of days later it's slipped back to the fault area and so is back running fast again. Pity, because it's a very nice looking watch. But at least the back is very easy to get off now I've spotted the 2 little flats on the back, like 50 dollar watches have...

rj999

I'm Pretty Popular
20/10/13
UK
Interesting nugget on the case back- apparently the genuine ceramic version also has a “press fit and glued” back, rather than a screw down.
last Post on this thread:

http://forums.timezone.com/index.php...=0#msg_7566176

It's not mentioned in the article itself, but if true. dear me...
I've written mine off really, the screwdown ceased working and I can't find a way of releasing the stem to investigate the tube, the movement is rather odd. Not a good investment. Pity really, the dial is good, nicer looking than that chrono version in the article.

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
It's not mentioned in the article itself, but if true. dear me...
I've written mine off really, the screwdown ceased working and I can't find a way of releasing the stem to investigate the tube, the movement is rather odd. Not a good investment. Pity really, the dial is good, nicer looking than that chrono version in the article.

Can you please post a few pics of the movement below the deco plate?

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
I want to like it but I'm not convinced by the dial on this even the gen one. That blue just doesn't do it for me.

rj999

I'm Pretty Popular
20/10/13
UK
Can you please post a few pics of the movement below the deco plate?

I put them here in the movements section some time ago. In fact, reading around I found out how to get the stem off. I am just used to movements with proper stem release buttons, whereas this is a really cheap one with an indent on a little lever that pops out. Having got the stem off and the movement out of the case, the problem seems to be that the screwdown thread inside the crown has failed, so if I wear it , I just put up with the wobbly crown sticking out and wait for it to fall off!
https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...j-stem-removal

I think the dial, case and lume are very good, it's just the mechanical components that let it down. I have it on now in fact, I love the blue!!!!.

Last edited:

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
I put them here in the movements section some time ago. In fact, reading around I found out how to get the stem off. I am just used to movements with proper stem release buttons, whereas this is a really cheap one with an indent on a little lever that pops out. Having got the stem off and the movement out of the case, the problem seems to be that the screwdown thread inside the crown has failed, so if I wear it , I just put up with the wobbly crown sticking out and wait for it to fall off!
https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...j-stem-removal

I think the dial, case and lume are very good, it's just the mechanical components that let it down. I have it on now in fact, I love the blue!!!!.

Thanks for the pic. Does the movement look dirty / dry in your opinion?

rj999

I'm Pretty Popular
20/10/13
UK
Thanks for the pic. Does the movement look dirty / dry in your opinion?
No, it was clean. As for the lubrication, well, it wasn't swilling in oil but then it shouldn't be. Without taking the movement apart, it's not easy to tell if it was adequately oiled.

Reactions: vcappp