• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF will release Blue Ceramic Bathyscaphe very soon.

mgberns

Supporter
Certified
10/12/15
This crown issue is definitely interesting....

Come to think about it...I can't think of any other ceramic rep that has an embossed crown logo. Impritning is definitely far different than embossing...

davidws

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
19/8/06
global
This crown issue is definitely interesting....

Come to think about it...I can't think of any other ceramic rep that has an embossed crown logo. Imprinting is definitely far different than embossing...

I ordered this watch on 25 Aug, got the QC pics but they did not include the crown, as requested.

I declined that and they are still looking for a good one, weeks later... nothing yet.

I'm starting to get worried that this watch may be dead in the water.

Does anyone have any inside factory info?

mgberns

Supporter
Certified
10/12/15
Well I still haven't received the watch and it is in transit. I placed the order on August 14th and didn't reject the QC but took almost like 3 weeks to get it.

TS station has a video of the watch and the crown issue doesn't look that bad. In static pics it definitely looks jaggedy, but when the light hits it...it seems to refract nicely.

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
I ordered this watch on 25 Aug, got the QC pics but they did not include the crown, as requested.

I declined that and they are still looking for a good one, weeks later... nothing yet.

I'm starting to get worried that this watch may be dead in the water.

Does anyone have any inside factory info?

Same here, my TD told me that as of today it's still out of stock...

mgberns

Supporter
Certified
10/12/15
I wonder is all this adds credibility to this being a limited edition. Puretime stated it was a limited edition because of high scrap rate, so for example if they aim to make 500, and half the batch is no good because of materials, that is pretty high waste. Then add QC issues that the factory may be tolerant of but not the consumer. ZF produces so many different type of watches I wonder how much they run off eafhh. In particular, Blancpain isn't as popular as say Rolex..

Bezelover

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/8/18
My TD finally got a good copy today, looks like the factory is churning out deliveries at last. After more than a month of waiting! Here's my QC pics

Reactions: vcappp

mgberns

Supporter
Certified
10/12/15
Most pics with this lighting will make the crown look good. I can see an imperfection on one side of the I..

mgberns

Supporter
Certified
10/12/15
Don't let that stop you though, it's a good example! Haha

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
I wonder is all this adds credibility to this being a limited edition. Puretime stated it was a limited edition because of high scrap rate, so for example if they aim to make 500, and half the batch is no good because of materials, that is pretty high waste. Then add QC issues that the factory may be tolerant of but not the consumer. ZF produces so many different type of watches I wonder how much they run off eafhh. In particular, Blancpain isn't as popular as say Rolex..

I actually agree with you and will try to get my hands on one asap, but I'm still betting that there are a few good crowns out there which will make the wait worth it

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
My TD finally got a good copy today, looks like the factory is churning out deliveries at last. After more than a month of waiting! Here's my QC pics image

Looks good, I'd accept it without hesitation

mgberns

Supporter
Certified
10/12/15
Bezelover

Hopefully you didn't reject this because of my comments...lol

You'll never notice that in real life as when the light hits it it refracts. It's not that dark of a grey in all angles..

You're going to have a hard time finding one that's perfect...

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
Bezelover

Hopefully you didn't reject this because of my comments...lol

You'll never notice that in real life as when the light hits it it refracts. It's not that dark of a grey in all angles..

You're going to have a hard time finding one that's perfect...

I'm starting to think the same...

mgberns

Supporter
Certified
10/12/15
I can only imagine how much a headache this crown is causing TDs...lol. and if there is indeed a high scrap rate, considering the forums only represent like 25% of all replica watch sales, this is going to be a hard one to find on here..

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
Received my new QC pics, crown is still not perfect but better than before, and in any case I don't think I will be able to get a much better crown than this one.

1pqep.jpg

My only issue is the side of the case has some strange dots on it:

1p7qX.jpg

What do you think? I'm not sure it's only dirt or it could be an imperfection in the ceramic itself...

EDIT:

TD cleaned it up and it's perfect, I'm going to accept it

Last edited:
Reactions: vcappp

asiparks1

Known Member
31/3/10
Upon viewing a better shot of the crown, it had an uneven roundness, and jaggedness on the I, so had to reject this copy ????
​​​​​

yeah, my second set of QC's had a crown like that:, I rejected that one as it looked a bit too rough.
ymmZF.jpg

As others have mentioned, once on the wrist, you'll never notice.

@theRod -can't tell what those dots might be, but they are TINY, so again IRL, probably not an issue....

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
yeah, my second set of QC's had a crown like that:, I rejected that one as it looked a bit too rough.
ymmZF.jpg

As others have mentioned, once on the wrist, you'll never notice.

@theRod -can't tell what those dots might be, but they are TINY, so again IRL, probably not an issue....

TD sent me this additional pic without dots, it was only dirt:

1pBe8.jpg