• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF will release Blue Ceramic Bathyscaphe very soon.

dashindark

Renowned Member
20/4/17
Do you guys think it can make the first class category in the superrep list?

dashindark

Renowned Member
20/4/17
:thumbsup:

Thankyou, that seems to have worked...

DSCF8165.jpg

Can we get a photo of the back of the watch? THX!

dashindark

Renowned Member
20/4/17
It's certainly possible, but a side by side would be helpful to confirm if colour and bevel are tells or not

I checked out the gen 1315 movement the other day and believe that this open caseback cannot fool anybody in the know even though it seems to be well made. If there is a color difference, then chances are it cannot be a first class rep, at least not as eligible as the glasutte senator excellence white dial (note: not the senator 60s) which did not make the list.

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
I checked out the gen 1315 movement the other day and believe that this open caseback cannot fool anybody in the know even though it seems to be well made. If there is a color difference, then chances are it cannot be a first class rep, at least not as eligible as the glasutte senator excellence white dial (note: not the senator 60s) which did not make the list.

Open case back disqualifies automatically from Super-rep but a watch can still be NWBIG/First Class even with a deco plate (case in point: the old Omega Spectre from V6F with Miyota 8215). Therefore if both the colour of the case and the blue of the bezel/dial is spot on, then this can be a NWBIG/First Class rep

asiparks

30/5/08
Probably the same movement, sounds the same and the layout looks the same. Quick date changeover and turning the crown clockwise moves the hands clockwise....
deco plate on the back is a bit more sharply molded ,stamped or engraved

dashindark

Renowned Member
20/4/17
checked out several pics of gen (never touched this model in the BP boutique) and found that the 12 o'clock diamond shaped marker on the bezel looks off.

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
checked out several pics of gen (never touched this model in the BP boutique) and found that the 12 o'clock diamond shaped marker on the bezel looks off.

How so? I checked the gen myself in a boutique last week and compared it to the pics I had of the rep and it was all fine. Remember that ZF bought the gen in SS which is virtually the same watch

dashindark

Renowned Member
20/4/17
How so? I checked the gen myself in a boutique last week and compared it to the pics I had of the rep and it was all fine. Remember that ZF bought the gen in SS which is virtually the same watch

I will post pictures to explain my point unless others would do me a favor. If I recall correctly, the diamond shaped marker on the bezel should be in light green color and lumed instead of the dark grey color.

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
I will post pictures to explain my point unless others would do me a favor. If I recall correctly, the diamond shaped marker on the bezel should be in light green color and lumed instead of the dark grey color.

Let me assure you that the lume pip is light green in colour and lumed but that the diamond shaped marker surrounding it is grey liquid metal same as the other markers. I just double checked the photos I took of the gen to be sure.

asiparks1

Known Member
31/3/10
Let me assure you that the lume pip is light green in colour and lumed but that the diamond shaped marker surrounding it is grey liquid metal same as the other markers. I just double checked the photos I took of the gen to be sure.

This is correct.

gen:
Blancpain-Fifty-Fathoms-Bathyscaphe-Blue-5.jpg

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
Looks incredible! Can't wait for mine! The look of that grey ceramic is stunning in combination with the blue!

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
Currently out of stock, second batch is coming in two weeks

davidws

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
19/8/06
global
Currently out of stock, second batch is coming in two weeks

I received QC pics of the Bathyscaphe I ordered, but although I requested straight on shots of the crown, these pics were conveniently omitted...

When I asked for the photo of the crown, I was subjected to argument that the crown is fine (without a pic., interestingly enough)...
Me being me, I insisted on a shot of the crown.
After a few days of no shot of the crown, I queried about my request, receiving a reply saying that it would take a few days and to be patient... interestingly enough
Why can't I just get a shot of the fckng crown of the watch you've already taken QC pics of??!! Interestingly enough, I know exactly fckng why
I finally pointed to this thread highlighting the issues, and the answer I got back was that the factory has admitted that there are problems to be resolved (interestingly enough ;-) )

I'm glad I waited... Even though the photos I'm seeing here are really nice and I would have 100% accepted that watch, hopefully they'll refine the tiny almost unnoticeable OCD inducing errors for my shipment

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
I received QC pics of the Bathyscaphe I ordered, but although I requested straight on shots of the crown, these pics were conveniently omitted...

When I asked for the photo of the crown, I was subjected to argument that the crown is fine (without a pic., interestingly enough)...
After a few days of no shot of the crown, I queried about my request, receiving a reply saying that it would take a few days and to be patient... interestingly enough
Why can't I just get a shot of the fckng crown of the watch you've already taken QC pics of??!! Interestingly enough, I know exactly fckng why
I finally pointed to this thread highlighting the issues, and the answer I got back was that the factory has admitted that there are problems to be resolved (interestingly enough ;-) )

I'm glad I waited... Even though the photos I'm seeing here are really nice and I would have 100% accepted that watch, hopefully they'll refine the tiny almost unnoticeable OCD inducing errors for my shipment

Yeah, fingers crossed the crown in the second batch looks better. ZF must have had too many pieces rejected and finally decided to fix it. Which TD are you using if I may ask?

Lobster2010

Supporter
Certified
4/9/10

Damn, who was the TD?