• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF will release Blue Ceramic Bathyscaphe very soon.

shinynewbling25

aprilia
29/1/15
Where your daughter is
I'm curious on the updates on this one as well. I have a thing for titanium and always liked this model. (edit--oops thought the case was titanium--ceramic is pretty cool too.

Last edited:

davidws

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
19/8/06
global
I would buy it, but that crown looks too raggedy to pass mediocre QC

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
I would buy it, but that crown looks too raggedy to pass mediocre QC

Hmmm, was thinking the same, but hopefully actual watches sold will look better than that. It happens that pices used for pics on TDs websites are not the best ones

marco130

Renowned Member
29/2/08
QC’s came in sooner than I thought. I’ll wait till I get it to post pictures. I believe this watch looks different in different light and angles. Sort of like an LV.

dashindark

Renowned Member
20/4/17
QC’s came in sooner than I thought. I’ll wait till I get it to post pictures. I believe this watch looks different in different light and angles. Sort of like an LV.

Waiting for your pics. I am about to buy this model.

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17

Why not post QCs here? As it's a newly released piece it would benefit greatly the discussion and help out other members

marco130

Renowned Member
29/2/08
I have a feeling that the lighting affects the shade of blue on this dial as well as the color of the case.

For the benefit of those of you waiting or wanting, here is one QC.

I look forward to posting shots shots when it gets here.
Hopefully by the end of the week

Reactions: vcappp

davidws

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
19/8/06
global
I have a feeling that the lighting affects the shade of blue on this dial as well as the color of the case.

Is that the only qc pic they gave you??

I'm sure many would love to see the crown, and would REALLY LOVE to know if this is ceramic or titanium.

From the broken edges of the crown in the TD pics, I'd bet the crown, at least, is ceramic

Andrew replied to me that the case is titanium

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
Is that the only qc pic they gave you??

I'm sure many would love to see the crown, and would REALLY LOVE to know if this is ceramic or titanium.

From the broken edges of the crown in the TD pics, I'd bet the crown, at least, is ceramic

Andrew replied to me that the case is titanium

LOL Andrew (or whoever replies to the emails at Trusty) has no clue. On another thread he was insisting that a specific watch had a clone movement inside whereas all other TDs confirmed it was an asian ETA

Reactions: rj999

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17

Looks good! Would it be possible for you to post one also of the crown side?

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
what is the reason that there is $200 price difference between the blue model and the black model? both are from same ZF 1:1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stoyania

15/4/16
Looks good! Would it be possible for you to post one also of the crown side?

the 30 & 45 on the bezel appear to be positioned a bit too close to the dial. 15 is more centered and how it should be. also the date seems to be a bit left-centered but might be the angle of the photo taken. hopefully we see more QC pics soon

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
Here some QC pics for everyone's benefit:

http://www.qcpics.com/index.php/BLP050/DSCN9945

I think overall the texture of the case is pretty much spot on. This particular piece has a very bad looking crown and a scratched case back but hopefully it's only a bad example. Very tempted to pull the trigger.

mgberns

Supporter
Certified
10/12/15
For a three handed watch, this is pretty expensive. I suppose in general Blancpain reps don't bring in the numbers unlike more popular brands so volume benefits don't really kick in. This is basically the price of some AP ROOs...

This case set would look bad ass with the grey dial and a black insert...

Reactions: vcappp

asiparks1

Known Member
31/3/10
asiparks1 asiparks
man, did you receive your QC pics? I really wanted to pull the trigger on this but I can't decide.

nope, not yet :mad:

it was the weekend, so I should get them today. Ordered from PT, they've always been on it for previous orders.

It is expensive for a 3 hand watch in the same way, I guess, that the gen is expensive for a 3 hand watch...
Firstly, it's a low volume color for a ceramic and second, achieving that distinctive facetted, brushed finish on a ceramic case is likely challenging. Third, if ,( big if) , they have made the bezel using ceramic with liquid metal for the indices, that's quite a feat in of itself. Yes, the crown looks a bit shit, the bevelled edge is way too big, but on the wrist I doubt it'll bug me. Notable though that Dtime has the black ceramic version on their site, the crown on that looks fine, maybe it's just the grey that's messed up, maybe just that one sample that everyones using for pics..

As soon as I approve QC's I'll post them.

Last edited:

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
nope, not yet :mad:

it was the weekend, so I should get them today. Ordered from PT, they've always been on it for previous orders.

It is expensive for a 3 hand watch in the same way, I guess, that the gen is expensive for a 3 hand watch...
Firstly, it's a low volume color for a ceramic and second, achieving that distinctive facetted, brushed finish on a ceramic case is likely challenging. Third, if ,( big if) , they have made the bezel using ceramic with liquid metal for the indices, that's quite a feat in of itself. Yes, the crown looks a bit shit, the bevelled edge is way too big, but on the wrist I doubt it'll bug me. Notable though that Dtime has the black ceramic version on their site, the crown on that looks fine, maybe it's just the grey that's messed up, maybe just that one sample that everyones using for pics..

As soon as I approve QC's I'll post them.

That's what I hope as well