• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Is the newly released ZF BP Bathyscaphe close to super rep or first class status?

dashindark

Renowned Member
20/4/17
Any noticeable tells? I have been wanting to get this watch but it has a see-through caseback. I heard that they used some Hangzhou movement and a deco plate to imitate the appearance of Cal 1315. Does anyone know if it is a great rep close to super rep of first class status? I tried the BPFF black dial in an AD yesterday and it looks a bit clumsy on my wrist (7'') so I think a bathyscaphe may be better.

Chemicalz

Renowned Member
27/2/15
An open movement always equals to an instant tell for those who have seen the real thing, however remember that the 99% of people dont look at your wrist and among the 1% who does just the 0.1% can distinguish a gen, with that count in that the reps are more than the gens for that bathyscaphe, so if you see another one it might be a rep too. Also, when on your wrist nobody can see the movement and nobody will ask you to take it off to inspect it, and even if someone does they wont be able to tell if its fake or not.
What i am trying to say is go for what you like, not for what others will like
Anyway, the bathyscaphe might likely be a superrep if it wasnt for the open caseback

Reactions: vcappp

dashindark

Renowned Member
20/4/17
An open movement always equals to an instant tell for those who have seen the real thing, however remember that the 99% of people dont look at your wrist and among the 1% who does just the 0.1% can distinguish a gen, with that count in that the reps are more than the gens for that bathyscaphe, so if you see another one it might be a rep too. Also, when on your wrist nobody can see the movement and nobody will ask you to take it off to inspect it, and even if someone does they wont be able to tell if its fake or not.
What i am trying to say is go for what you like, not for what others will like
Anyway, the bathyscaphe might likely be a superrep if it wasnt for the open caseback

Well said. I originally thought the rep is comparable to the gen cal.1315 since the 1315 is quite thick and its appearance should not be very hard to imitate. I could be wrong though.

Chemicalz

Renowned Member
27/2/15
Its just an asian movement with a decoration plate, its not perfect.