• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Fifty Fathoms QC help needed

maximfrei

Supporter
Certified
19/5/16
Hello, dear members of the forum and experts on Blancpain FF.

I have to show you my QC from Chazingtime who refused to change the watch (I rejected the first QC pics).

I think I won't violate the rules of the forum because I defenitely see that something is wrong with date and markings, especially with the "6". I'm aware about the flaws of FF (crooked 12, 9 etc.) but the "6" is driving me crazy and I see that the date is upper than usual. Can you have a look please?

You may think I should better not show the QC, but I think I have the problem here with TD.

Your help will be much appreciated!

Regards

IMG_4717.jpg

IMG_4721.jpg

IMG_4722.jpg

IMG_4724.jpg

IMG_4726.jpg

IMG_4728.jpg

Seamusflood

I'm Pretty Popular
29/8/16
Yep I’ve two ff and neither have crooked 6

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

maximfrei

Supporter
Certified
19/5/16
Just look how they replied:
croock.png

I'm afraid chazingtime will send this one, but hope i will get new QC

Big_Pilot

26/5/17
The 9 marker is very slightly off. Not enough to reject I would say.
The 6 marker is off. Enough to reject the watch. Very bad.
The 2 in the 12 marker sits also slightly lower compared to the 1 in the 12. Enough to reject.....maybe.
The date wheel from your pictures is fine. I do not see anything wrong with it.
About the strap, if the sail strap is not in stock, that is unfortunate. Maybe they can re-send when back in stock.

All in all the 6 marker is bad enough to reject this watch. The rest of the issues just confirms this decision.

If they force this upon you, then I would drop ChazingTime as your preferred dealer.

You vote with your money.

maximfrei

Supporter
Certified
19/5/16
Big_Pilot thank you for your comments! Do you think it is possible to change the dealer and get money back? Think to go with intime...

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Truthfully, I'm not seeing it. Remember, the fifthy fathoms has a domed crystal which could be affecting the appearance of the 6 depending on the angle it's held on.l. I've been comparing to mine and Looking at the pictures and I personally would have accepted.

boutsk

Known Member
17/4/17
Ask for a straight shot of the dial. Almost all zf bpff dials have small misalignments, especially in '12'. You can see misalignments also in gens , as they are handmade. I was worry about crooked 12 and 3 in mine but finally accepted it. They are not noticeable on the wirst.
From your pics, only 6 is possible to look crooked in real

Sent from the [video]RWI App[/video]

maximfrei

Supporter
Certified
19/5/16
Big_Pilot is the rubber strap that bad? I remember there is a mistake on it in "fifty"...
teddy875 maybe you are right regarding the xtal, but I rotated the photo and still see crooked 6...
boutsk I already asked to change the watch but chazingtime seems unwilling to do this

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Why did you reject the first watch?

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12

Wasn't gen spec bro.

maximfrei the date wheel is fine - reall, if you want better than that buy a real Blanpain.

The 12 and 6 are off, if you don't like it, reject it - but TBO I think that'll be the end of it for you with this watch and this TD.

Reactions: maximfrei

maximfrei

Supporter
Certified
19/5/16
Wasn't gen spec bro.

maximfrei the date wheel is fine - reall, if you want better than that buy a real Blanpain.

The 12 and 6 are off, if you don't like it, reject it - but TBO I think that'll be the end of it for you with this watch and this TD.

I understand your point of view, but mate, I am not sort of a person that will reject every watch, in that case reps will not be a hobby for me and as you said it is better go gen.

I just become freak when look at this 6 and when CT tries to convince me it's ok.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
I understand your point of view, but mate, I am not sort of a person that will reject every watch, otherwise it will not be a hobby for me and as you said it is better go gen.

Just I become freak when look at this 6 and when CT tries to convince me it's ok.

They will always try to convince you that it's OK - they want to sell the watch to someone - anyone.

Personally I wouldn't accept that watch (and I'm easy to please, Tucker will confirm ) not so much for the 6, which you'll barely notice, but for the 2 in the 12 - that will be visible all the time.

Reject it, but expect the TD to get upset.

Reactions: maximfrei

maximfrei

Supporter
Certified
19/5/16

These photos are all of the same watch. There wasn't the second one.

Maybe guys that's why you think that I am rejecting and rejecting and do it over and over again.

I just asked TD for the 2nd watch very politely. So any problem here?

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Big_Pilot is the rubber strap that bad? I remember there is a mistake on it in "fifty"...
teddy875 maybe you are right regarding the xtal, but I rotated the photo and still see crooked 6...
boutsk I already asked to change the watch but chazingtime seems unwilling to do this

I have one so I am very familiar. Look at the side profile of the crystal. You will see all kinds of distortions if it's not head on. Also, bear in mind the date window is only slightly larger then the text so even being well aligned, which mine is, it can get a shadow and look off. Accept it and enjoy it. They are beautiful in person.
IMG_20180614_144354b88169b34ba845ca.jpg

IMG_20180614_1444049f2d0771fc19157c.jpg

maximfrei

Supporter
Certified
19/5/16
They will always try to convince you that it's OK - they want to sell the watch to someone - anyone.

Personally I wouldn't accept that watch (and I'm easy to please, Tucker will confirm ) not so much for the 6, which you'll barely notice, but for the 2 in the 12 - that will be visible all the time.

Reject it, but expect the TD to get upset.

So went I wrong that asked for the 2nd watch as replacement? I think it's a common practice to have a choice.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
So went I wrong that asked for the 2nd watch as replacement? I think it's a common practice to have a choice.

Ahh, no, it's not common practise at all to have a choice - you've been a member here 3 years - where did you get this idea from ?

If the first watch was OK, then you shouldn't have rejected it, rejecting the second watch is making the TD loose interest in this transaction.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
I have one so I am very familiar. Look at the side profile of the crystal. You will see all kinds of distortions if it's not head on. Also, bear in mind the date window is only slightly larger then the text so even being well aligned, which mine is, it can get a shadow and look off. Accept it and enjoy it. They are beautiful in person.
IMG_20180614_144354b88169b34ba845ca.jpg

IMG_20180614_1444049f2d0771fc19157c.jpg

TBO yours is pretty good - not perfect but perfectly acceptable. The one in the OP, the 12 looks bad because of the 2, the 6 wouldn't be noticeable, and the date is fine.

Turns out the OP thought it was OK to 'browse' and ask to see another watch . . .

maximfrei

Supporter
Certified
19/5/16
Guys, once again, these photos are of the ONE watch. There was not a second watch. They just email me with the new photos, but I again and again see the imperfect markings.

tripdog I got this idea when saw that people reject QC 3 times and more, but this is my first buy (yes, after 3 years). These people are crazy and for them it will be better to go gen, but I got pics of the one watch here, nor for two of them.

So there I think that I have a choice to reject this one and to go for a 2nd try.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Guys, once again, these photos are of the ONE watch. There was not a second watch. They just email me with the new photos, but I again and again see the imperfect markings.

tripdog I got this idea when saw that people reject QC 3 times and more, but this is my first buy (yes, after 3 years). These people are crazy and for them it will be better to go gen, but I got pics of the one watch here, nor for two of them.

So there I think that I have a choice to reject this one and to go for a 2nd try.

English may not be your first language, but this:

I have to show you my QC from Chazingtime who refused to change the watch (I rejected the first QC pics).

This really does give the impression you rejected a watch - rejecting QC pics ? there's nothing to reject, you ask for more/better pics.

Whatever, reject the watch in the pics, if they refuse then ask for your money back.