• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Fifty Fathoms 5015C SS Black ZF 1:1 Best Edition Black Dial on Nylon Strap A1315 AQUA LUNG

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
DHL : Out for delivery! Will have mine shortly.

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
66236362_33_BA_4_DD2_8_F3_F_384482274_BBB.jpg

36042_C0_A_8_F5_A_4_C73_B787_4_D71_D63_CE11_C.jpg

9_DEC5_DA9_DBC6_4621_8_D0_B_7_DD21_EDAA3_BC.jpg

0_E205195_3_BAB_4_FB9_AC65_55013_CCEDAEF.jpg

The FF AL is a great looking watch, but the “cheap” bezel assembly kinda steals from the overall impression. Having tried on the GEN my REP is a far from the real thing. But a nice looking piece on the arm.

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
Looks good!

It does indeed, but the watch has a very cheap feel to it as the bezel assembly is absolutely terrible.
You will not fool anybody with this REP. I would pay $200 for an upgraded bezel system as this junk don't cut it.

stoyania

15/4/16
It does indeed, but the watch has a very cheap feel to it as the bezel assembly is absolutely terrible.
You will not fool anybody with this REP. I would pay $200 for an upgraded bezel system as this junk don't cut it.

I agree with you fully! I also received a ZF FF last week and the bezel system is indeed terrible. A major deterioration compared to the initial ZF releases of the black FF for certain!

Matty369

Supporter
Certified
24/8/16
EU

Hey m8, can you elaborate a little bit please, why the bezel assembly is not good ?
I mean, I have BP FF from ZF (regular, not AL) and bezel doesn't wobble, clicks fine, looks good. Maybe it doesn't behave like gen, but I cannot know that because I never touched gen FF.

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
Hey m8, can you elaborate a little bit please, why the bezel assembly is not good ?
I mean, I have BP FF from ZF (regular, not AL) and bezel doesn't wobble, clicks fine, looks good. Maybe it doesn't behave like gen, but I cannot know that because I never touched gen FF.

Dear Matt
My Aqua Lung has zero wobble or bezel play and that great.
It’s the bezel clicks spring & retaining system that sucks. The materials used are not powerful enough to make this firm and loud enough to feel and sound GEN.

Mine turns way to easy and the clicks are terrible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNK4R0nKIEo&t=293s

4.25 listen to a GEN sound.

The watch looks great but don’t feel very GEN. I would pay $ 200 for $10 in Chinese parts.

Its just too bad there is zero spare parts around for this model or I would replace them myself.

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
So if you would have never touched the GEN you would have still have the same comment?

Even more so! No watch in this price range has a spring clips system this terrible. Even REGmariners are better -and thats saying something. Rest of the watch is fine.

Big_Pilot

26/5/17
Hmmmm, that makes me take it off my buy list. What a shame.

Last edited:

shyreplover

Renowned Member
12/6/06
I like it quite a lot. Have already a Blancpain from ZF and the strap is quite good for a rep strap. I let it on mine...

Regarding this aqualung version, they need to correct the "TITANE" on the lugs that is currently not true. And I'd like to know what movement is used in this rep. Once I know this I might think about taking one :)

I have FF black dial from ZF and the marking on the case is STEEL.
Why don't ZF just use the exact same case and brush finish it?! Putting extra effort to make mistake
Mind boggling

Moneycome2me

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/3/18
Maybe the bezel is the reason why puretime is listing it at $318 now? While the earlier black ss version is still $458

asiparks1

Known Member
31/3/10
Maybe the bezel is the reason why puretime is listing it at $318 now? While the earlier black ss version is still $458

Hmmm, not so sure, the titanium versions also had a unwonderful bezel action, they're still full price. More likely just not as popular a model. that said, for $318, I've ordered one...

Just as a note on the gen watches, the bezel action is average at best. Using a bent steel leaf spring is a cheap arsed way to ratchet a bezel. It quickly deteriorated in my steel gen, and I've just read this : https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=636851

my gold Chrono is 2018 production and I'd describe the feel as "meh" at best compared to any modern, sprung plunger design that you'd find in many modern dive watches. Or on a half decent rep 6 digit Rolex...

Last edited:

cyblade

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
24/4/18
I have ordered it from my chinese contact. I ask to make a video of bezel rotation, how can i post it?