• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Fifty Fathoms 5015C SS Black ZF 1:1 Best Edition Black Dial on Nylon Strap A1315 AQUA LUNG

NoahT

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/6/18
Ayayayaaaaay. Look at that::wowa:

https://www.intime03.co/jaeger-leco...-edition-black-dial-on-nylon-strap-a1315.html

That's the original one:

https://www.chrono24.com/blancpain/...limited-edition-5015c-1130-52b--id8458271.htm

Looks very promising. What do you guys think of the rep-strap? The holes look a bit... strange... don't they? Reminds me of some Swiss cheese... More naturally grown than engineered:r2d4:A beautiful peace regardless. Especially the movement decoration. Better than gen:clap_1:

Opinions?

M_Hall

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/15
Love the watch, never even seen this version of the FF before.

All I will say about the strap is that the padding appears grey on the Rep and black on the gen. You can see it on the circular cut outs.

ZF seem to know what they’re doing with Blancpain reps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NoahT

7/6/18
Love the watch, never even seen this version of the FF before.

All I will say about the strap is that the padding appears grey on the Rep and black on the gen. You can see it on the circular cut outs.

ZF seem to know what they’re doing with Blancpain reps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you own a ZF FF? How is the quality of the strap? Is it stiff or soft?

M_Hall

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/15
Do you own a ZF FF? How is the quality of the strap? Is it stiff or soft?

I do not, its on my list.

I've read the thread on it and the consensus is that its a very good rep. There are a few QC complaints you get with all ZF reps but on the whole it is considered at least as good as the Noob V1.

If you get one post some pics here would love to see some non TD photos.

ericb196

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
18/5/11
I like it quite a lot. Have already a Blancpain from ZF and the strap is quite good for a rep strap. I let it on mine...

Regarding this aqualung version, they need to correct the "TITANE" on the lugs that is currently not true. And I'd like to know what movement is used in this rep. Once I know this I might think about taking one :)

NoahT

7/6/18
Regarding this aqualung version, they need to correct the "TITANE" on the lugs that is currently not true.

Good point. Gen is from SS. On all gen pictures I found the case is much darker. Can it be they repped it in titanium? Description at intime says SS but looking at the color on the pics and the "TITANE"-engraving I'm not so sure.

ericb196

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
18/5/11
I must say that beside how the gen is, I like titanium in general so it's nice if it would be in titanium. But I fear it to be SS with titanium written on it

asiparks1

Known Member
31/3/10
Looks like brushed steel to my eyes, says stainless steel in the description, but as to why it says "titane", who knows.....
That aside it looks really good, fingers crossed the bezel won't be the slopfest my titanium one was...
I'm going to get one of these and slap it on a NATO...

marco130

Renowned Member
29/2/08
I’ve got a ZF blue SS. I love it. Definitely have my eyes on this one.

Reactions: 233OK

NoahT

7/6/18
Looking at these pics it seems ZF had to use the rest of their titanium... Both use identical material. So the chance is they use the same movement, too. Asian 2836-2.

The new Aqua Lung
fifty-fathoms-5015c-ss-black-zf-1-1-best-edition-black-dial-on-nylon-strap-a1315.jpg

The "old" FF Titanium Blue
fifty-fathoms-ss-blue-zf-1-1-best-edition-blue-dial-on-sail-canvas-strap-a2836-free-tool.jpg

Big_Pilot

26/5/17
If someone get's the watch please post some real world pics.....as I am seriously interested in this watch.
With 45mm it's probably on the big side for me.
But having some of these occasional (bigger size) watches in my collections is what makes certain days special.

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
I like it quite a lot. Have already a Blancpain from ZF and the strap is quite good for a rep strap. I let it on mine...

Regarding this aqualung version, they need to correct the "TITANE" on the lugs that is currently not true. And I'd like to know what movement is used in this rep. Once I know this I might think about taking one :)

How is the bezel play on yours? Firm or loose?

marco130

Renowned Member
29/2/08
Just got the QC pictures today. Hopefully I’ll have it next week. I have to find a more up to date tutorial on posting pictures on RWI.
the one I read seems to have different icons than what I’m seeing.

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
Just got the QC pictures today. Hopefully I’ll have it next week. I have to find a more up to date tutorial on posting pictures on RWI.
the one I read seems to have different icons than what I’m seeing.

Use imgbb.com

asiparks1

Known Member
31/3/10
I've just started using Imgur, seems decent...easy to copy direct pic links

maxracingshox

I'm Pretty Popular
17/7/12
That watch is so unbelievably awesome, but the fake decorated movement spoils it for me...