• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Blancpain Fifty Fathoms mods

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
I am blown away by ZF in FF and after the black i got the blue titanium. I would like to gather any mod available in this topic for our watch. Right now i am trying to improve bezel turn, and interaktiv fixed the date window flaw for me. For some might be minor but my OCD was haunting me so with little paint i am very satisfied with the result
Before
uHID3E3.jpg
W1ioljf.jpg

and after
DZgeuCA.jpg

Next task is work out the waved outer dial ring

Robert-2009

Horology Curious
19/3/18
Hi, I am new to Reps and I just love this watch, but i did not see what happened with the date window flaw, could you help/teach me what you find it ?

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
The current stock must finish, Bezel play big problem, watch on buy list I wish there’s v2 for RG and ss

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
Hi, I am new to Reps and I just love this watch, but i did not see what happened with the date window flaw, could you help/teach me what you find it ?

enlarge the date window in my picture. through the cut ,surface is black ,but underneath layer is silver/white.
00ee34196083534d36d46ac148737a5f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rel

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16

Nothing wrong in Font just position ZF bad quality control and dirty movement any Rep need full service

Sent from the RWI App

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
edit meant to type blue not black

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boutsk

Known Member
17/4/17
Also interested if someone can correct the numbers position on the dial (mostly 1 and 2) by heating the dial or.....

Sent from the [video]RWI App[/video]

asiparks1

Known Member
31/3/10
the Blue/Ti one looks really really good...still waiting for mine to be delivered....

Mr_SD

Known Member
6/3/18
How did you re align the date ? Mine is slightly (1// 2mm) off to the right and its really annoying me... Can you post more specific pics?

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
How did you re align the date ? Mine is slightly (1// 2mm) off to the right and its really annoying me... Can you post more specific pics?

I didn't have to, guess luck from the draw, both my ZF's have almost perfect placement on date window
I guess ask a watchsmith about yours

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
pictures have gone so i am posting them again

bezel construction

noboe.jpg

and dial date window painted

noJhA.jpg

Reactions: Rel

JackJ1980

Mythical Poster
20/6/16
Also interested if someone can correct the numbers position on the dial (mostly 1 and 2) by heating the dial or.....

Sent from the [video]RWI App[/video]

I wouldn’t do this. Yes you can remove and reattach but it’s risky and potential damage is high.

Reactions: boutsk

Faj

10/3/19
For the case I want to implant a real ETA - is this possible without to much trouble?
Of course I would give this to my watchmaker.

Love my ZF steel, yesterday received. Moves quite good.
Only the stem, changing date / time, feels a bit mushy and unprecise.

Is this normal?
Does a service makes it better?

Last edited:

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
Reactions: Faj

Faj

10/3/19
The only real complaint is the bezel(which I use rarely) - it clicks nice, but has quite a play in the opposite direction.

Can there be done something about it, or it’s just a have to take it?

thank you very much for the infos!

love this watch!

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
The only real complaint is the bezel(which I use rarely) - it clicks nice, but has quite a play in the opposite direction.

Can there be done something about it, or it’s just a have to take it?

thank you very much for the infos!

love this watch!

my modder has stiffened it, but still i wouldn't compare it with my Rolex's
Can be improved and worst case scenario dental floss can work too

Reactions: Faj