• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Anybody has zf TITANIUM BP FF Blue ? Please share pics

asiparks1

Known Member
31/3/10
You're right, the casebook is noticeably thicker- but my gen has the solid casebook, whereas the rep has a sapphire display back, so I don't know how accurate it is to gen...

Romeo oscar

25/3/12
well, took long enough, no fault of the dealer, just the postal system at this end....

really quick snaps, I'll take proper photos later.......

first thoughts - it's a really good looking watch. I really love the matte/gloss contrast between the case and the sapphire bits.
Ah, but is it accurate ? Well, the biggest thing is the color of the dial, bezel and strap- and all I can do is compare to pics and 5 minutes handling the gen, both of which are useless honestly. I can find photos online that match the rep and I can photos that don't. From memory, I'd say that the dial is a little more purple than the gen, but I wouldn't trust that. I'm off to Singapore for the marathon this weekend, so I'll pop into a couple of stores in search of the gen ....
On the upside, there's probably more reps than gens in circulation so if you see someone else wearing one, it'll probably be the rep too....and that said, I've travelled the world and never, ever seen anyone wearing a FF in the wild....
One thing I do remember though is the brushing on the gen, it was more pronounced, the finishing on the rep is much smoother. A tiny thing, in real life, without a side by side, no one will know.

the dial, dial printing, indices, hands, date wheel and cutout are all spot on, really nicely done as it the look of the bezel which has the same slightly greener lume as the gen titanium version. The lume is great, still well visible at 4 am after a day on the wrist. The bezel itself isn't well made though. As others have mentioned, it's a loose fit. The retaining spring isn't very tight, its easy to pop the bezel off. This also means that the spring finger pushes the bezel ever so slightly up at around 5 o'clock. It's not really visible, but you can feel it give when you push down on it . This also results in a weak bezel click and a fair bit of slop. I'm not a bezel twiddler, but if I was, I'd want to do something about it.

bracelet =gen, strap = rep:

27295193197_39f0e75c0a_h.jpg

28294159468_cd7f8c5c41_h.jpg

41446026944_8b67df6513_h.jpg

Wow... i LOVE IT....a lot....

michelesanctis

Known Member
17/9/17
Cardiff, UK
Just for info. The gen titanium is 15.5mm thick (0.1mm thicker than non sapphire caseback models) and should be about 40% lighter than stainless steel model (worn on strap).

Reactions: Romeo oscar

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
between my two reps, black and titanium ,the blue one feels a lot lighter (that 40% sounds close)

Reactions: Romeo oscar

asiparks1

Known Member
31/3/10
Yes, the weight of the bracelet adds a lot, but the ti version certainly feels "light"

speaking of which:
28374802278_d1bbc1da9b_o.jpg
went and finger banged the gen in the Sincere Boutique over the weekend ( there's more pics, on a different phone), it also feels similarly light...

The strap and bezel color seems to be spot on, they are a very dark navy. The dial....honestly too hard to tell....I think that the gen dial is a slightly bluer shade, BUT, under the very white, twinkley lights of the AD and not having the rep and gen side by side, there's no way to be sure. I think Freediver's outdoor pics on page 4 give a good idea of the dials true color.

The case brushing is very fine, but the grain a bit more pronounced on the gen, especially noticeable on the side of the bezel. Retail BTW was just shy of $21K Singapore before discount. After discount it was mid $16K Singapore dollars or about US$ 12.5K...so the rep isn't bad value.......

Back to the rep: taken under dim incandescent lighting in the bog:

42201897262_09d1109031_o.jpg

42201896832_c7325dff9f_o.jpg

40441108810_71a931210a_o.jpg

27377880217_a5623e15a7_o.jpg

quick wrist: although it's 45mm, it's a very easy to wear 45mm

42201897182_be8393fddb_b.jpg

Last edited:

Romeo oscar

25/3/12
Woaah.. super nice bro ! asiparks1
it looks same as gen.
at first im afraid that the blue colour in reps dial is too bright because most of the gen pics show the dial goes black in some part, and shine blue in other parts (sunburst effect), but looking at your pictures, im confident this ti bp ff is super rep (despite of the movement decoration)

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
very nice !
Thank you m8 for your pics next to your lovely gen :)

asiparks1

Known Member
31/3/10
y'welcome fella !

This hasn't left my wrist since I got it, it really is a very good looking watch.

Seamusflood

I'm Pretty Popular
29/8/16
the watch looks exactly like the one posted above. No complaints whatsoever with the dial or the case finishing. It is beautiful. I can share pics but not sure how will that explain my gripe with the rotor sound...

Maybe a quick service as I don’t hear a sound from mine

Sent from the RWI App

maximfrei

Supporter
Certified
19/5/16
Can anyone explain me what's wrong with the movement? Is it decorated too bad?

asiparks1

Known Member
31/3/10
If i take the watch off and shake it, I can hear the movement clearly, though never an issue for me when I'm wearing it.

In terms of decoration, at arms length, it's a fair looking facsimile of the gen movement, no real people would be any the wiser that it's just deco plates.
I think this shouldn't stop anyone considering the watch from buying it, all in all it's a great rep.

Last edited:

TingelTangelTom

God´s Gift to Mankind.
15/2/17
EU
Verry nice pictures! Now i have to have one too. A noisy Rotor wont hold me back.

Only thing is: I need to decide between this TI Version and the SS with the wave pattern. Why dont you like the SS one, just a question of personal taste? Or which one do you think is more gen-like?

Reactions: maximfrei

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
Verry nice pictures! Now i have to have one too. A noisy Rotor wont hold me back.

Only thing is: I need to decide between this TI Version and the SS with the wave pattern. Why dont you like the SS one, just a question of personal taste? Or which one do you think is more gen-like?

I will speak for myself, i find the all blue much better aesthetically than the wave pattern, but of course it's just personal taste

Reactions: TingelTangelTom

asiparks1

Known Member
31/3/10
personal taste, I would have gone for the stainless if this didn't exist.
Having seen them both, I prefer the more subtle sunburst dial of the Ti model over the twinkley, dancing light flinque dial. I also like the matte, darker grey of the case metal in contrast with the glossy sapphire bits.
Either is goodness though.....

Reactions: TingelTangelTom

TingelTangelTom

God´s Gift to Mankind.
15/2/17
EU
Thank you both very much. Seems you can't go wrong no matter which of them you choose.