• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Fifty Fathoms ZF ,how to improve bezel play

asiparks1

Known Member
31/3/10
if it's any small consolation, many gens, mine included, broke their bezel springs and are now free turning...The fit is exceptionally tight and still very smooth, I would send it off for service, just not sure it would get back to me...

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
if it's any small consolation, many gens, mine included, broke their bezel springs and are now free turning...The fit is exceptionally tight and still very smooth, I would send it off for service, just not sure it would get back to me...

Do you dive with it? Many recreational divers ( or salt water swimmers ) that use the FF experience rusted bezel springs. Still the GEN click is like a rifle, super loud and firm, oozes quality, the REP not so much.

asiparks1

Known Member
31/3/10
“dive” would be too graceful a term, but yup, it’s been in plenty of seawater. Always rinsed afterwards, but maybe not thoroughly enough...usually just to make sure sand and debris were cleared from the bracelet...

Reactions: johnlogan

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
“dive” would be too graceful a term, but yup, it’s been in plenty of seawater. Always rinsed afterwards, but maybe not thoroughly enough...usually just to make sure sand and debris were cleared from the bracelet...

Have you ever popped off the bezel and looked at the construction?