Announcement

Collapse

Please Consider Supporting RWI Today!

We depend on Supporter & Patron subscriptions to pay the bills. Please consider supporting RWI TODAY, CLICK HERE for info on how to subscribe.
Need your Rolex ceramic insert platinum coated? See our new vendor, USD Plating. CLICK HERE
See more
See less

Fifty Fathoms ZF ,how to improve bezel play

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fifty Fathoms ZF ,how to improve bezel play

I am in love with my FF, now that i am using a nato i think it gave a sportier look and tends to be my daily beater but i am annoyed at the bezel play
    Is there a way to improve it ? maybe install new bezel aftermarket springs?
    Yes i know about dental floss but would prefer something more solid ( Imagine talking to someone and he mentions you have a dental floss hanging from your watch )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by freediver View Post
      I am in love with my FF, now that i am using a nato i think it gave a sportier look and tends to be my daily beater but i am annoyed at the bezel play
      Is there a way to improve it ? maybe install new bezel aftermarket springs?
      Yes i know about dental floss but would prefer something more solid ( Imagine talking to someone and he mentions you have a dental floss hanging from your watch )
      What do you mean by bezel play ?

Comment

When you hold the bezel, there are 2-3 mm loose <<play>> , u can move it up,down,laterally for that
        It is not firm

Comment

When you hold the bezel, there are 2-3 mm loose <<play>> , u can move it up,down,laterally for that
          It is not firm
          Ahh ic... thanks for the explanation. Luckily my blue noob bpff bezel is firm

Comment

I had 1mm play in my FF and used dental floss method. Had to use two circles to make it work and after tucking the floss in with a thin blade it's been perfect. No play at all and I've turned the bezel many times to see if it goes loose after some time or it sticks out - as it turns out nothing of those happened. As it's the cheapest and the easiest method you are risking pretty much nothing so I'd suggest to start with that. It might as well turn out to be efficient enough for you not to bother with any other way.
            Gen: Tag Heuer Carrera 36 Flyback, Tag Heuer Carrera 1887, Tag Heuer Aquaracer Phantom Black, Breitling Superocean Heritage II, Omega Speedmaster DSOTM Vintage Black, Omega Speedmaster Date Chronograph, Raymond Weil Freelancer
            Rep: Blancpain Fifty Fathoms RG, Panerai 359 VSF R, Panerai 688 VSF 2.5, Breguet 5317, Rolex Oyster Perpetual 114300 JF Red Grape

Comment

Thank you, was reluctant to try ,but will do so ...

Comment

Thank you, was reluctant to try ,but will do so ...
                Did this work?

Comment

Yes and no ...
                  It stiffened the bezel play - which i like - but stiffened also the bezel turn - which i dont like -
                  I am still looking for someone who removed the bezel and saw the bezel spring or whatever is down there

Comment

Subscribed.
                    SH3135 Essential Upgrades Thread

Collection:
                    Superfranken SubC 116610LN Noob V6S w/ Hybrid Gen-Yuki

ROO Diver v7 JF Lowbeat w/ Prof Xtal & Prof Cyclops
                    ROO Rubberclad JF Black w/ Prof Xtal & Prof Cyclops

Blancpain Fifty Fathoms ZF - Stock
                    [For Sale] Franken YM 116622

Originally posted by smoke;n6745373
                    Lol how many time must I repeat myself .no rep watches has good xtal

Comment

Just keeping people informed, i got the blue titanium version after the black and this one was even worse, at a point you could even turn it anticlockwise if u insisted
                      It's now sent to my friend interaktiv to improve it

Comment

Looking to get the titanium as I'm not at the point where I could get the flinque dial gen SS on bracelet, but worried about the bezel movement.
                        Could anyone else chip in whether their titanium is also rubbish?
                        My RG after simple dental floss mod is pretty much on par with my gen Breitling and Tag and wouldn't want to have to send it away.
                        Gen: Tag Heuer Carrera 36 Flyback, Tag Heuer Carrera 1887, Tag Heuer Aquaracer Phantom Black, Breitling Superocean Heritage II, Omega Speedmaster DSOTM Vintage Black, Omega Speedmaster Date Chronograph, Raymond Weil Freelancer
                        Rep: Blancpain Fifty Fathoms RG, Panerai 359 VSF R, Panerai 688 VSF 2.5, Breguet 5317, Rolex Oyster Perpetual 114300 JF Red Grape

Comment

Working...
                        X