• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Aqua Lung Big Date

SMP_lover

Strap mastermind
Vendor (Strap Maker)
13/12/10
I saw on some TD websites the size is 38mm while it should be 40mm

Has anyone ordered this watch already ?

Commander Straker

17/1/17
UK
Has anybody bought this watch?

If nobody buys a particular rep, this one for example, why don't the TD'S reduce the price as they would in most forms of retail?

mimicry

11/3/17
Do we have any experts on this watch ? Is this s better version

Lliu31

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
3/2/17
NYC
I have one. Wear it everyday. Switched to a leather strap for a more dressy look. Very understated and subtely elegant. I can see why Putin wears it.

dashindark

Renowned Member
20/4/17
I have one. Wear it everyday. Switched to a leather strap for a more dressy look. Very understated and subtely elegant. I can see why Putin wears it.

Does the calendar function as it should be?

dashindark

Renowned Member
20/4/17
dashindark yes. Date flips precisely at 12.

This is interesting since I thought the grand date function cannot be supported by a modified 2824. Would you mind if I ask what are the strengths/ weaknesses of this watch? Does it look genlike?

Lliu31

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
3/2/17
NYC
dashindark its interesting. Especially since the watch was a super limited production run 13 years ago, chances to find a gen is next to none. So realistically you’ll never see a gen. Overall, it’s built solid. The specs are close. I think it’s a tad bit thicker than the gen by .5mm. The only tells are that the hour markers 12, 3, and 9 are bolder than the gen. Gen is smaller and centered, whereas the rep has these bigger. Not a deal breaker. We are talking micro differences that aren’t evident unless looking at the watch inches away from the face and only noticing if you have a gen or gen picture by your side—which won’t happen to prying eyes. Also, the “A” for Aqua and “L” for Lung is ever so slightly bolder than gen. Again, super micro difference. Now the good. Rep lume is nice and green and powerful. Lights up like a new watch. Lume of gen sucks from the photos I’ve seen. Only deal breaker for me is that that hour and minute hands are really white whereas the rest of the watch’s indices are pale greenish white. The contrast is too evident. They all come this way from stock. So I sent my watch out now to get it relumed for an even application.

dashindark

Renowned Member
20/4/17
dashindark its interesting. Especially since the watch was a super limited production run 13 years ago, chances to find a gen is next to none. So realistically you’ll never see a gen. Overall, it’s built solid. The specs are close. I think it’s a tad bit thicker than the gen by .5mm. The only tells are that the hour markers 12, 3, and 9 are bolder than the gen. Gen is smaller and centered, whereas the rep has these bigger. Not a deal breaker. We are talking micro differences that aren’t evident unless looking at the watch inches away from the face and only noticing if you have a gen or gen picture by your side—which won’t happen to prying eyes. Also, the “A” for Aqua and “L” for Lung is ever so slightly bolder than gen. Again, super micro difference. Now the good. Rep lume is nice and green and powerful. Lights up like a new watch. Lume of gen sucks from the photos I’ve seen. Only deal breaker for me is that that hour and minute hands are really white whereas the rest of the watch’s indices are pale greenish white. The contrast is too evident. They all come this way from stock. So I sent my watch out now to get it relumed for an even application.

Thanks a lot!

SMP_lover

Strap mastermind
Vendor (Strap Maker)
13/12/10
On the dealers’s sites the diameter is stated as 38 which is wrong since the big date le should be 40mm

Lliu31 could you please confirm it’s diameter if you still have it.

Thanks !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk