• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

solution to the bpff hex screw problem!

jamesezra

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
3/4/16
Hmm.. .are those AP JF Screw tubes? Ive been looking for them for my AP Noob Orchard Road. Saw some on eBay but was wondering if there are cheaper alternatives?

panerai153

Supporter
Certified
22/3/06
On the Mighty Mississippi
Where did you manage to get gen bars?
I contacted multiple BP boutiques aswell to ask for bars & screws. All of them told me to bring in the watch as they do not deliver the parts themselves.

I got then from a dealer in the Northeast USA.
They wanted me to bring my watch in, but considering that I live over a thousand miles from them that wasn't feasible. Where I live, the closest AD is over 400 miles away. If you live close to any AD's, I would suspect that they will want you to bring in the watch. Also I have bought other gen watches from this AD, so he would have no reason to suspect that I was putting them on a rep.
Wish I could help more, but this is the best I can do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JimmyD750

Renowned Member
Certified
18/3/15
St. Louis, MO
I got then from a dealer in the Northeast USA.
They wanted me to bring my watch in, but considering that I live over a thousand miles from them that wasn't feasible. Where I live, the closest AD is over 400 miles away. If you live close to any AD's, I would suspect that they will want you to bring in the watch. Also I have bought other gen watches from this AD, so he would have no reason to suspect that I was putting them on a rep.
Wish I could help more, but this is the best I can do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe you could order some for the lad? Just brainstorming

Sent from the RWI App

Akra

11/1/17
The lug holes on my noob v1 is 0.71, and the pam screw bar is 1.7, so it would fit. The pam tube is 2.5mm and a big too big for the bracelet I got, but it should work nicely with other bands. If you decide to try it, please let me know the result.

So I got the 22mm PAM springbars. I couldn't manage to fit them in the rep strap, so I thought I´d put the watch on a NATO strap (which also turned out to be quite difficult to obtain because Blancpain thought 23mm would be a great lugsize).
Xc9FKhM.png

It works. But its very tight. This NATO is 1mm thick, and its really squished between the bar and the case as you can see.

DreadPirateRobert

Wtb Zenith Ton Up Chrono
Advisor
13/6/14
Fire Swamp
Here's a solution.

Hopefully this doesnt damage the strap. Get a pair of needle nose pliers and take hold of the strap where the spring bar resides. Tightly grasp the spring bar through the strap and give it a good turn. It should loosen up enough to take out with the right bit now. If you dont have one, after its loose you can use a pair of tweezers and insert them into the screw head, then open them enough to provide a solid grip against the inner diameter. Slowly turn the tweezers and eventually you'll have enough out where you can spin it the rest of the way with your fingers.

Hope this helps!

D

d4m.test

tnx for ur information!! I had same problem as you.. I just placed an order that 26.8mm tube~~

Sent from my iPhone using RWI