• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

solution to the bpff hex screw problem!

Tri-Edge

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/7/16
1 of the hex screws on my noob bpff disappeared for no reason, and it bugged me for a while. I'm using the seiko fat bars and it limits my strap options since most straps have regular holes. Today I was looking at my AP diver in the winder next to the ff, and wonder if the 26.8mm screw tube of the diver can fit into the ff.

There is only 1 way to find out! And it worked! The screw tubes are really easy and cheap to get.

J4jzUJZ.jpg

8bhIcG9.jpg

tOpskKA.jpg

Tri-Edge

20/7/16
Not the best bracelet, but it keeps me entertained for a while until someone rep the x71 bracelet.

tzfpaw6.jpg

Lagunax

I'm Pretty Popular
18/4/15
CONUS
IMG_4044.JPG Nice find!
Doesn't look half bad with the bracelet.
Still waiting for them to rep the rally sailcloth strap...that would be killer!

Attachments

• IMG_4044.JPG
    IMG_4044.JPG
    313.7 KB · Views: 0

Akra

11/1/17
I'm finding alot of these on Aliexpress, however are there any regular stores that have these? And have you also tried the 22mm PAM bars aswell, or are they the same thickness as the Seiko fat bars.

Romeo oscar

25/3/12
Hello...
I confuse.. how to unscrew the hex screw on this BBFF ?
I tried with two 0.9mm hex keys and it feels like too small and cannot screw or unscrew it.
Then i tried with two T4 screwdrivers and still i failed... feels like its to big or something.

I just got this BBFF from M2M and this is the noob first version without the screwdriver as extras

Please somebody help

Romeo oscar

25/3/12
@Tri-Edge
I tried with two 0.9mm hex keys and it feels like too small and cannot screw or unscrew it.
Then i tried with two T4 screwdrivers and still i failed... feels like its to big or something.

I just got this BBFF from M2M and this is the noob first version without the screwdriver as extras

Please help

Tri-Edge

20/7/16
@Tri-Edge

Please help

I think it's not the standard ASME, roughly T3.5, but torx T4 worked for me.

Tri-Edge

20/7/16
I'm finding alot of these on Aliexpress, however are there any regular stores that have these? And have you also tried the 22mm PAM bars aswell, or are they the same thickness as the Seiko fat bars.

The lug holes on my noob v1 is 0.71, and the pam screw bar is 1.7, so it would fit. The pam tube is 2.5mm and a big too big for the bracelet I got, but it should work nicely with other bands. If you decide to try it, please let me know the result.

Markohobben

Known Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
3/7/17
@Tri-Edge

Please help

damn, me too! had just bought a 0,9mm screwdriver and didnt work, the 0,1 neither.....i wanted so much to change them but still not able to do it!!!

Akra

11/1/17
damn, me too! had just bought a 0,9mm screwdriver and didnt work, the 0,1 neither.....i wanted so much to change them but still not able to do it!!!

I managed to do it with one T4 and one T3 screwdriver. The diameter of the hole is 1.1mm.
The real bad news comes when you have to look for another screw..

atgm

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
21/11/15
I managed to do it with one T4 and one T3 screwdriver. The diameter of the hole is 1.1mm.
The real bad news comes when you have to look for another screw..

The REAL bad news comes when the screw is stripped, like mine... and the strap is too small for me. :(

Akra

11/1/17
The unfortunate thing is that they used a random non-standardized bolt. I was looking for a replacement, M1.4 or M1.6 I believe (DIN 912), but the bolt head would be too large for it to fit.
The REAL bad news comes when the screw is stripped, like mine... and the strap is too small for me. :(
Did you manage to get the screw out though? Or is it now stuck for eternity.

atgm

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
21/11/15
If you have a new screw, then you can fix it with a little superglue to get it turning

Tried superglue and a torx driver, but the glue gave before the screw turned. :/

Rabbagasten

I'm Pretty Popular
25/12/15
Tried superglue and a torx driver, but the glue gave before the screw turned. :/
What side is broken? The one with the clasp, or the other one? If it´s the one with the clasp then you can still try to change one side?

Spitfyre

2/5/13
Having difficulty finding the right screwdriver to change my strap as well. Mine looks more like Allen key than torx
though. Any advice?
d312ad6364d43a16bf15e83be5ab2dbb.jpg

Sent from the RWI App

panerai153

Supporter
Certified
22/3/06
On the Mighty Mississippi
These are a real pain!! I tried the Seiko springbars, didn't like the look. I have used a combo of the T3 and T4 Torx screwdrivers with some success. Problem is the manufacturers use a non standard screw head, and the steel is soft. I have a V1, a Blue dial and a Rose Gold, and under magnification, several of the screw heads are "boogered up" and that came from the factory. I finally broke down and bought a set of gen bars. Problem is they aren't cheap!! I believe they were north of 70 bucks for the set. They sure look nice though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Akra

11/1/17
These are a real pain!! I tried the Seiko springbars, didn't like the look. I have used a combo of the T3 and T4 Torx screwdrivers with some success. Problem is the manufacturers use a non standard screw head, and the steel is soft. I have a V1, a Blue dial and a Rose Gold, and under magnification, several of the screw heads are "boogered up" and that came from the factory. I finally broke down and bought a set of gen bars. Problem is they aren't cheap!! I believe they were north of 70 bucks for the set. They sure look nice though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Where did you manage to get gen bars?
I contacted multiple BP boutiques aswell to ask for bars & screws. All of them told me to bring in the watch as they do not deliver the parts themselves.