• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Blancpain Fifty Fathoms - Noob v1 vs ZF v1

maximfrei

Supporter
Certified
19/5/16
Did you see guys new FF in titanium? What is your opinion?

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
Looks amazing except the dark bezel, but who owns a gen to compare? :p
A bit skeptical about the movement and i dont like tang buckles that much
I will order it lol

stoyania

15/4/16
i think the bezel color is close to gen. Not sure about the rotor on the movement...

Last edited:

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Repworld can you tell ZF to upgrade in their V2 BLUE with flinque dial ?
tell them to make the lighter blue Bezel, and the dial more wetlook/ more sunburst effect so it can change colours beetween black on some part and blue on the other part... like this :

like Gen in the left side....

I will call ZF owner

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: JackJ1980

JackJ1980

Mythical Poster
20/6/16
Did you see guys new FF in titanium? What is your opinion?
It’s a good start. Too dark and not much better than noob except for outer guioche(sp?) noob to light blue and ZF too dark. Capturing the detail and colors of a hand done guioche Maine Blue Dial is just not gonna happen on a rep. But it can be better than this at least in color.

JackJ1980

Mythical Poster
20/6/16

Thank you! You’ll never see the gen. Last one I saw was for sale in Tokyo for $24k. It actually looks ok but the dial is too dark (but maybe lighting in the pics, it should change a little depending on lighting), dw is way too high up to the dial, and the bezel font color should be almost same as BPFF sport regular. Too dark of Strap and bezel again for the blue. But all
of those are honestly nitpicking. On your wrist and how rare it is, no one will ever know and you’ll never see someone in the wild with one to compare. Like ever. 1:100,000,000 almost literally :)

asiparks1

Known Member
31/3/10
$24K ? wow. Just looked at it in Singapore, it was about $17K equivalent. The bezel, dial and strap are all quite dark, but no idea what the rep looks like in real life... that said, ordering one this week as soon as everyone has their arse back in gear after CNY.

Hyjynx

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/9/13
Repworld can you tell ZF to upgrade in their V2 BLUE with flinque dial ?
tell them to make the lighter blue Bezel, and the dial more wetlook/ more sunburst effect so it can change colours beetween black on some part and blue on the other part... like this :

like Gen in the left side....

Is this gen-like enough for you?

6e363d2419b9e500d390fec265bd9a5a.jpg

Point is, it’s all a trick of photography. Even none of your photos is true to the real deal. A gen is in the eye of the beholder.

Tostoo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/6/17
$24K ? wow. Just looked at it in Singapore, it was about $17K equivalent. The bezel, dial and strap are all quite dark, but no idea what the rep looks like in real life... that said, ordering one this week as soon as everyone has their arse back in gear after CNY.

That’s converted from Singapore dollars right?

KickPuppies

MULTI ACCOUNT
5/8/16
How does it fit smaller wrists? 45mm seems huge, i usually wear a Sinn 556i and i am not sure if bigger watches fit me

KickPuppies

MULTI ACCOUNT
5/8/16
Thank you mate. I think thats not my style, i go for a Pelagos instead i think

knol

17/8/16
I just received my ZF and it is bonkers beautiful!
I noted a couple of things: there is no way I could get this Seagull/ Peacock 2836 to go higher than 280 degrees amplitude, no matter how well I clean and oil it. Maybe I'll have to install a gen mainspring...
The bezel was installed with typical gooey chinese grease. After cleaning and regreasing. it feels and clicks like pure luxury :)
I am amazed how this watch is built.
Also the crown felt stiff. I noticed the winding stem was under pressure when installed. This could be resolved when loosening one of the movement holding screws.
Now it works very smooth :)
Everything else is perfectly aligned and I love the AR

Nice one, Just ordered this watch, probably will grease it straight after i received it . Bezel click is so important.

Last edited: