• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Fifty Fathom Strap Options Photos

captainjz16

4/6/08
Those lucky enough to have received their Fifty Fathoms, what straps are you you wearing? I went with a Combat canvas strap. Love to see some other options.
20140808_112111.jpg

watch.aholic

Renowned Member
23/3/11
With the FF still on the waiting list and so many watches sold already, there should be plenty of posts in this thread considering that the rep strap is particularly not suitable from any wrist upwards of 7.25 inches....

I'd love to see some options here.

D

d4m.test

Both options above are nice and look strong.
This is more of something like - who made these *!.!*? Hex-screws and why do I have to order 2 Torx 3 and 4 screwdrivers extra if I never used them before....
While it fits a 7.5 wrist on hole 3 or 2 the strap at the limit feels flimsy and I´d like to put something more hefty on it.
What screwdrivers did You use? Was It easy, just don´t want to scratch anything - I think many others are thinking the same.
You can´t just use the standard lugbar removal tool, can You? Thanks for any additional info.

Standard rep strap it comes with - fine for smaller wrists
BP50_1024_1024c_zps5e2b39b3.jpg

Cheesemonger

I'm Pretty Popular
23/11/13
I went with the Wiha T3 Torx drivers (on amazon). They fit perfectly in the screw heads on my BPFF. Removed those, installed new strap and then re-installed screws after a small coating of Permatex low strength threadlocker. I have not had any issues at all.

D

d4m.test

I went with the Wiha T3 Torx drivers (on amazon). They fit perfectly in the screw heads on my BPFF. Removed those, installed new strap and then re-installed screws after a small coating of Permatex low strength threadlocker. I have not had any issues at all.

Thanks for the confirmation CM, will have to look for and wait for those.

D

d4m.test

Update for the BP-screws: after ordering 2 Torx drivers from Amazon ($15usd incl. shipping) to arrive between 20th August and 6th September found a promotion for a specialized toolkit in the local supermarket today and removed the tiny screw from the lugbar (You need 2).
Strapsize is 23mm (?!!) so the 22mm sailcloath Brady with inbuilt lugs has no chance to fit this BP. Some spare fat 22mm gen-spec rolex bars from Cousins.UK went in fine so I´m using those now and saving the special bar it came with. 22mm straps too short, 24mm straps from PAMs with tubes are too large, without did not try yet, so the only one that did fit for now was this one - but finally its the right size which is a pleasure in the first place. V
erdict: for an emergency the strap it comes with will fit the 7.5 wrist, but in practical terms its unusable, too short and flimsy on both sides, get the extras while waiting for the watch.
BPffast1024_1069.jpg

Alex_P1

I'm Pretty Popular
11/5/12
Digging mine on the straight up rep

Plus 1 on that, I'm yet to see anything I prefer and it works fine on my 7.5" wrist.

Haven't worn another watch since getting this 3 or 4 weeks ago and am going have to force myself to give something else some wrist time soon!

As for the screws, I filed down a 1.5mm hex key and it worked beautifully. Took about 20 minutes and cost nothing. I set my screws with Loctite 222 and none of them have moved a degree.

The best rep I've owned by far.

Reactions: Phener9

JackP

Renowned Member
21/3/13
I vote this a top 3 rep for me. My only complaint is that I have to manually advance the date. Otherwise looks are a 10. I got one of the 2nd waves of watches ordered and the screws seem fine

Sain

Known Member
17/4/10
IMG_8310.jpg

Speedhole version might look awesome. Still looking for a nice version.

cwazy1

Put Some Respect On My Name
29/2/12
gen deploy is not actually for the fifty fathoms. Its for the lemans line.
gen deploy is also around 500$ msrp. I was going to get one for my gen bathyscaphe sometime in the future.

Doright

Renowned Member
3/8/13
Mine is on the way. I've got 7.5" wrist so I better start looking.

Sent from my DROID

D

d4m.test

Updated to a Breitling type shark. Will keep it on this one until the custom-made one arrives.
BP1024_1196_zpse80d0820.jpg

D

d4m.test

Daywatch ... is that a 23mm shark? Where's you get it from?

It´s an inexpensive 24mm shark from watchbandcenter.com http://www.watch-band-center.com/shop2/index.php/user/watchstrap/suche/1/, the pictured one was either the Tripolis or the XL-model. It squeezes in well, have fitted 22mm gen-spec Rolex lugbars from Cousins.UK and have seen others fitting standard 24mm bars. Much easier than fiddling around with the hex-screws or loosing them and like that those stay new until I decide on the final strap.

pm-guy

Supporter
Certified
10/5/14
Am thinking of custom making a nubuck strap strap for my forth coming Fifty Fathoms...