No announcement yet.

Bk Noob V9 SubC 116610LN - Gen Crystal and Spongebob

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you know what Andre charges for the bracelet mod?

He basically rounds off the clasps right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Any idea how much andre01 charges and any details?

Comment

Originally posted by BurnsWhenIP View Post
        Long time lurker, 1st time posting. I just received my very 1st rep watch; a BK noob v9 Sub-C with Gen crystal and sponge bob mod. Let me know what you think
        https://imgur.com/a/ei6GU4p

BurnsWhenIP what made you choose the Noob over the arf?? I’m in this dilemma now with BK.

Comment

1luzion Sorry for the delay. I don't have pricing for the Andrei01 mod, but I'm assuming its in the $100-$150 range. He rounds the clasp edges, widens the finger whole and reworks/regreases the glidelock. He believe he also brushes/polishes the bracelet and clasp.
          If you type in Andrei01 Clasp Mod in google theres a handful of pic heavy posts about the mod.

I choose the Noob bc I knew I wanted to upgrade the crystal and bezel. Once you make those changes or if you want to do any upgrades the Noob is the better way to go, in my opinion. I'm very happy with my choice.

Comment

@BurnsWhenIP

No worries. Thanks for answer.

I messaged Andre and as of today he doesn’t want or have time to continue to do the mod.

As for noob choice, Im doing exactly what you did : BK magic with Spongebob mod and gen Xtal by eustraps

BK is a really cool guy.

I’m still unsure, and very surprised as if hoe much love ARF has been getting recently on the forum.
            It made me doubt that I should maybe go with it instead of the NOOB V9

Your input means a lot!

Comment

butiful watch my friend,
              can i get the web of bk.
              thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by BurnsWhenIP View Post
                Update: I finally got around to taking my watch to a Relox Dealer at the Mall of Millennium (Orlando).

I wanted to compare my rep to a SubC side-by-side. They didn't have one in stock but I showed it to the rep and told her I came by the watch as 'payment for services rendered'...I'm not good "on-the spot". She examined it for 1-2min and said the weight was off and thought the bracelet and clasp was aftermarket. (I removed 2 links, that may be way or it maybe the case weight) But she said the case liked gen. at first, then mentioned the font may be off on the dial. This could be bc I have a MK1 dial instead of the newer MK3 (space btw the '300' and the 'm'), idk.
                All in all, happy with initial assessment (You'll never match 1:1).

I'm still interested in rounding the clasp (Andrei01 mod) and brushing/polishing the bracelet. That's currently my biggest issue, personal opinion.

I'm not overly concerned about the weight issue...but does anyone now a quick fix for that? It can't be more then a few grams off if it is the case weight.
                Been there actually ! Tried the platinum Daytona, Brown bezel, very nice sales man, was the sub you take the black or hulk ?

Comment

I would have been more than happy with the standard BK offering as I was with the previous 2 that I bought from him way back but I'm not so into the tiny details but your watch looks great so enjoy.

Comment

How can I contact BK?

Comment

Originally posted by premejohnny View Post
                      How can I contact BK?
                      Send him a PM.

Comment

I noticed that the ‘2’ and ‘5’ symbols on the 20 and 50 markers of the insert are more grayish and less peachy than the rest of the insert. It looks as though the platinum mod wasn’t added properly or has rubbed off? Has anyone else noticed this?

Is this a quality control issue with the spongeBob insert or perhaps a trick of the light?

Here’s some reference images:

Comment

how much was cost the geniue glass of the watch?

Comment

Working...
                          X