• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BR01-94 strap / screw & bar-tube questions...assistance please.

Axelf63

Looking Around
12/9/20
Seeking advise and education please...

A short time ago I was gifted with a B&R BR01-94 replica. I am sure the quality isn't much but because I simply cannot afford an actual B&R and love the style, I like the watch. It keeps time and looks decent.
When I was given the watch, the strap was broken (rubber, and missing the buckle portion). I recently purchased what I believed to be a beautiful leather replacement however after wearing it for only a short period (maybe 2 months on and off) the strap broke..again on the buckle side at the screw bar/tube.
Thinking this may be me and pulling too hard to wear the band tight, I purchased another, in less than a month the strap broke again and once again at the lug on the buckle side.
The strap as before simply ripped...and I made absolutely sure not to wear the strap too tightly.
The retailer I purchased these straps from felt it may be the watch...not the straps. As kind as he was I am not so sure. Obviously this is a larger and heavier watch but you would think you would get more than just a few uses out of the strap before it breaks.
In looking at my watch I observed the tube screws are flat head, not of the usual hexagon screw.
When using a digital caliper I am able to measure 24mm between the lugs and 33.70mm outside of the lugs.
Seems like of the replacement tubes I am locating online, they are measuring 30 & 31mm?
Hoping someone may be able to please provide some insight here...could this issue be the tubes themselves causing the breaking of the straps? Not exactly sure or how?
I would like to replace the tubes with the proper ones and hex head screws...I am going to need the tools to remove and replace and am also looking for a decent band.
If anyone is able to please provide some wisdom it would sincerely be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your time to all!

TBK

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/09
EU
That's very unusual, 3 broken straps...
I doubt it has to do with the lug screws though.
Do they feel sharp?

If you'd like, you can buy replacement one's. AliExpress has them. But I'm not sure they will fit your waych, as you seem to have a divergent model. ( Pay attention: you have a 94, they're bigger as a 92 or 88.)