• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BR03-92 PVD diver ?

Dimitris69008

Horology Curious
19/12/19
Hi everybody do you know if this version of the br03-92 pvd diver is available on a td website ? Because impossible to find it and i love this version. If it doesn't exist do you think that factories are going to build it ? Thx !

Reactions: Tricktheory

kanagawa

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/8/19
At the moment I don't think so. I'm also very interested in that version.

Tricktheory

Looking Around
1/7/20
I am following it closely , Available as of 11 July 20. but sadly the button is Stainless steel not black.I emailed them to know if it was a mistake and i let them know that there is a lot of people in if it is all black , waiting to hear back i will keep this post up to date
cheers :)

Tricktheory

Looking Around
1/7/20
Just got answer back, the factory made it this way, Not a Noob watch . The factory might be able to sort this mistake out. More to follow

kanagawa

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/8/19
It's the best solution if they don't want to sell them.

Which factory did you contact?

TBK

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/09
EU
At first it does looks quite good. But if you look again:

- pvd, not ceramic (which make it look less matte)
- crown ss, not ceramic. (Not even black)
- bezel is indeed with a insert.

On the pictures it looks like the bezel markers don't have line, but in the video it does have lume.

OldNavitimer, you have a gen. What's your opinion?

TBK

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/09
EU
Line = lume
can't edit for some reason. (Fault code)

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
At first it does looks quite good. But if you look again:

- pvd, not ceramic (which make it look less matte)
- crown ss, not ceramic. (Not even black)
- bezel is indeed with a insert.

On the pictures it looks like the bezel markers don't have line, but in the video it does have lume.

OldNavitimer, you have a gen. What's your opinion?

Forgetting for a moment whether this rep is accurate vs. gen...its a crap execution, regardless of whether they got certain details right.
Looking at the QC example on Trusty's site, the PVD application looks uneven and weak. You can see areas on edges where its already coming off. The dial print is pretty bad. The PVD coating is all the way through the midcase, which will make it less water resistant ( BR03-92 divers are a three-piece case construction - even the reps - and can be a little challenging to get waterproofed ).

Overall, this watch looks like a second-tier rep. Better than DHGate, but not up to the Noob / JF standards.

Reactions: Leow96

TBK

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/09
EU
Haven't seen the qc from trusty. The site seems to be down at the moment. (On pure time they look decent).
But there you go, apparently apart from it being not accurate, the quality is questionable as well.
For those still interested in this model, really really pay attention to quality control and ask specifically for the issues mentioned.

​​​​