• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Does anyone still the 03-88 Type Aviation?

nikoel

I'm Pretty Popular
22/2/16
I'll definitely keep you informed!

For sure I did not want the PVD version, I want only the SS version!

In the meantime I'll email Toro and see what the story is and keep you informed as well :)

nikoel

I'm Pretty Popular
22/2/16
According to ToroBravo he has it in stock but he will not let me pay via PayPal since I’ve never purchased from him. So I have not done so as I will be taken up the ass through conversion from USD into AUD then back into USD and then through transfer fees

I don’t know what to believe anymore

Silvire

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
25/8/15
nikoel bro you might want to email Ryan again!

VOMp2D.jpg

Reactions: nikoel

Silvire

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
25/8/15
nikoel you're most welcome mate!

And yes I saw that gen too. Considered buying it but I figured since the rep has the same movement, I'd rather buy the rep for $1.4k less.

TBK

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/09
EU
the factory somehow got their dirty paws on the gen ETA movements for pennies on the dollar and used them for 03-88 you have posted above. They used up all those unicorn tears, and there is none left
Stupid move; they would have been much better off putting it into Breitling Aerospace - but I wanted BR anyway
Finally gave up
Still the dream lives on...

Yes that's true. They used a eta 988.333 movement.
The movement alone will sell starting from $250. If you're lucky. As there're rare. I think the factory has got hold of a wonkey batch. I've read some onwners had some issues with the hands. So had I. (Wouldn't move correctly) Could be a faulty movement or poor built quality, but my local watch maker wasn't able to fix it. Back then I was lucky enough I could send it back and got a new one.

As for the Breitling. Yes it's the same movement in base. But with a different lcd screen and backlight function!
So they could not have simply made the Breitling instead.

(Funny thing about the hands of the 988.333: the minute hand moves every 30 seconds. That 'jump' is clearly visible. I like it as it makes it different from other watches.)

Silvire

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
25/8/15
Just an update for everyone, I've got my QC pictures from Ryan at InTime!

Silvire

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
25/8/15
nikoel TBK

Hey guys,

Just wanted to update that I approved my QC pictures about a week ago (changed the watch once due to scratches), and Ryan from InTime got it to me within a week!

Fantastic work by Ryan, I would 100% recommend him, now, have some pictures! =)

VOHojg.jpg

VOHP2A.jpg

VOHf6Q.jpg

VOHl0a.jpg

VOH8Sf.jpg

Last edited:

TBK

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/09
EU
nikoel TBK

Hey guys,

Just wanted to update that I approved my QC pictures about a week ago (changed the watch once due to scratches), and Ryan from InTime got it to me within a week!

Fantastic work by Ryan, I would 100% recommend him, now, have some pictures! =)

VOHojg.jpg

VOHP2A.jpg

VOHf6Q.jpg

VOHl0a.jpg

VOH8Sf.jpg

Awesome!
congratulations with your new master piece. Yeah Ryan can do magic sometimes...

Mine says hi.

IMG-20200331-220757.jpg

kanagawa

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/8/19
How's the lume on this version? A picture maybe?

captainromeo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/8/20
KZ
It seems that the watch isn't available anymore, which is a pity, I like them alot. If anyone wants to sell his/knows where can I get replica of these, please let me know. Can't justify buying a gen, considering rep has the same movement.

Picasso74

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
2/6/20
Italy Pordenone
I have a question for the owners…..

could you explain the functions of the digital displays and how i could change them??

thanks a lot

Silvire

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
25/8/15
I have a question for the owners…..

could you explain the functions of the digital displays and how i could change them??

thanks a lot

Turn the crown FAST to change modes.
At each mode, either press the crown in, press and HOLD the crown in, or turn the crown up/down SLOWLY to adjust things.
Experiment and you'll find out!

Reactions: Picasso74

AstroAvia

Renowned Member
29/8/08
BRAZIL
I too have one of these and love it. When I learned the replica had the "same" movement as the genuine, I did not believe it, until I got mine and disassembled it to confirm. Genuine ETA indeed, but how? As mentioned before, the rep factories somehow got ahold of gen movements, but at what cost? What did these movements have (or lack) to end up in the fake market? Soon the problems with the hands began to be reported, with no similar reports on the gen forums. Maybe the movements were faulty or subpar quality, but still they were genuine and the rep watch cost a lot less than the gen.
One month ago I decided to wear my watch after a long time kept in the box (the watch! :) ). The battery was flat and I noticed the hands were badly out of synch. Battery replaced, there was no way to resynch the hands: I had to resort to a hard reset by removing the hands and reinstalling them according to the technical procedure (available on the internet if you look correctly for it). A few hours later the minutes hand was "ahead of time" and out of synch again! Upon closer inspection I observed that the minutes hand is gaining 30s every couple of hours! Unfortunately this means a hard reset will be required every now and then. Probably my watch has been like this ever since I got it a few years ago and I never noticed it. Genuine-chinese ETA movement!