• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Does anyone still the 03-88 Type Aviation?

Silvire

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
25/8/15
I've been hunting for this for a while now and it seems all the rep factories have stopped making this, but I may be wrong...

BR0392-AVIA-ST.jpg

jeanmimi

23/7/11
I have find it 6month ago at trusty time.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Reactions: Silvire

Silvire

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
25/8/15
I have find it 6month ago at trusty time.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Oh nice, did you manage to buy it? Also, do you remember how much it cost?

TBK

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/09
EU
I have it several years now. It's still a extordinary piece with a gen eta movement inside. That's why there hard to get. I wear it on rotation quite a lot.

It was about 600 box I believe. With box.
The box made it a risk. It got intercepted and a had to declare what was inside. TD told me to say it's a $100 watch. They didn't open it and I only had to pax declaration costs and tax.
​​​​​​

nikoel

I'm Pretty Popular
22/2/16
https://trustytime.shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=104_148&products_id=7558

I think he means this one here. Which is not the watch you have posted. I had a chub for that piece for months back in 2017-2018. I've even put it into my signature and PM'd some members who I knew had theirs. To no avail. From what one of my TD's told me, the factory somehow got their dirty paws on the gen ETA movements for pennies on the dollar and used them for 03-88 you have posted above. They used up all those unicorn tears, and there is none left

Stupid move; they would have been much better off putting it into Breitling Aerospace - but I wanted BR anyway

Finally gave up

Still the dream lives on...

nikoel

I'm Pretty Popular
22/2/16
P.S. Also, whatever you do - do not support trusty time. They are known as the cartel for a reason and should be banished

(even though I could only find it on their website)

Last edited:

Silvire

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
25/8/15
Update: I managed to source it from Ryan @ InTime!

He could get it for me for USD $588 + $25 (EMS Shipping).

I can confirm this is the ETA Analogue/Digital version and not the non-functional version that Trustytime is selling for $300+.

Last edited:

nikoel

I'm Pretty Popular
22/2/16
Update: I managed to source it from Ryan @ InTime!

He could get it for me for USD $588 + $25 (EMS Shipping).

I can confirm this is the ETA Analogue/Digital version and not the non-functional version that Trustytime is selling for $300+.

HHHHHHOOOOOOLD UP! Seriously? It's a Christmas miracle!

Can you please post QC pics, because last time I've tried I got the shitty knockoff quartz casio movement

nikoel

I'm Pretty Popular
22/2/16
So emailed ryan

He responded that the watch is not available. Give up on your hopes and dreams. Pitchforks out boys. Silvire had us bamboozeled.

Silvire

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
25/8/15

nikoel

I'm Pretty Popular
22/2/16
What a lot of dealers do is just say Yes, and then deal with the actual sourcing problem later. There have been many times where I ordered a watch, sent funds to discover it's "no longer in stock" - Did you purchase the watch from Toro already? I just don't see Ryan turning away an easy $600. He could have always made a mistake though

Silvire

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
25/8/15
What a lot of dealers do is just say Yes, and then deal with the actual sourcing problem later. There have been many times where I ordered a watch, sent funds to discover it's "no longer in stock" - Did you purchase the watch from Toro already? I just don't see Ryan turning away an easy $600. He could have always made a mistake though

I did not order from Toro. I only used the link from his website as the InTime website does not have that watch.
So I contacted Ryan from InTime and he said he can get it for me.
I have already made payment too.

nikoel

I'm Pretty Popular
22/2/16
I couldn't have been more exact with my order though. I sent him a link, image and the complete description -

Anyway, post the QC pics when you get them - I'm about to purchase a bottle of rum to drown my sorrows :p

Silvire

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
25/8/15
[email protected] - maybe you snatched the last one. This could be a possibility too

Hmm ok so it's the correct email.

So either:

1.) I snatched the last one of this current batch, and you'll have to wait until the next batch is made.

OR

2.) Ryan accepted the money first, then went to check whether he can source it. He has found out that he cannot source it, and he has told you since you emailed him recently. However, he has not got back to me yet. This may also be a possibility.

nikoel

I'm Pretty Popular
22/2/16
Hmm ok so it's the correct email.

So either:

1.) I snatched the last one of this current batch, and you'll have to wait until the next batch is made.

OR

2.) Ryan accepted the money first, then went to check whether he can source it. He has found out that he cannot source it, and he has told you since you emailed him recently. However, he has not got back to me yet. This may also be a possibility.

Well I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. Once [hopefully] you get your QC pics can you please follow up if it was indeed the last watch that you've purchased; hopefully he just made a mistake with me. An other possibility is that you got the PVD version for the surrender air-force and he didn't bother offering me that one

Silvire

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
25/8/15
Well I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. Once [hopefully] you get your QC pics can you please follow up if it was indeed the last watch that you've purchased; hopefully he just made a mistake with me. An other possibility is that you got the PVD version for the surrender air-force and he didn't bother offering me that one

I'll definitely keep you informed!

For sure I did not want the PVD version, I want only the SS version!