• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BR03-92 Bronze Diver - PIctorial review

kryckan13

Renowned Member
25/6/17
Sweden
KS Watches replied that they will try to source the screws. Keeping my fingers crossed!

I posted a pic of the plating coming off but it does not seem to work (did it on my computer and on my phone). Giving it another shot below...

Last edited:

kryckan13

Renowned Member
25/6/17
Sweden
af770b50365dbe9763a4bddef52e79b9.plist

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
af770b50365dbe9763a4bddef52e79b9.plist

That is likely to be just patina that developed on the screw. Misinterpreted discolorations have been widely documented on other full bronze watches like PAM 382. The way to know for sure would be to clean the area with lemon juice and see if the grey spots get removed, but ultimately that would also mean to restart patina on the entire watch.

Reactions: kryckan13

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
I’ve just returned to this review after checking it out some time ago... and dammit, I’ve fallen for it! Now I have another watch on my Must Get list.

Thanks for the write-up and pics KW!

kryckan13

Renowned Member
25/6/17
Sweden
That is likely to be just patina that developed on the screw. Misinterpreted discolorations have been widely documented on other full bronze watches like PAM 382. The way to know for sure would be to clean the area with lemon juice and see if the grey spots get removed, but ultimately that would also mean to restart patina on the entire watch.

Thank you for your suggestion, kilowattore ! I will take the screw out and try to clean it with lemon juice. The spots on the screw looks shiny in some angles so it certainly looks like steel showing through the bronze. Also the spots appered after I cleaned off some smudge with some rodico. I´m thinking that the rodico caused the plating to come off. I hope you are right though, as cleaning the screw is much faster and easier than ordering new ones from China. I will let you know how things unfold.

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Thank you for your suggestion, kilowattore ! I will take the screw out and try to clean it with lemon juice. The spots on the screw looks shiny in some angles so it certainly looks like steel showing through the bronze. Also the spots appered after I cleaned off some smudge with some rodico. I´m thinking that the rodico caused the plating to come off. I hope you are right though, as cleaning the screw is much faster and easier than ordering new ones from China. I will let you know how things unfold.
I look forward to hearing how you get on with this kryckan13 as it will probably influence whether or not I order one!

kryckan13

Renowned Member
25/6/17
Sweden
Hello everybody! I have some great news here. The screws ARE in fact solid bronze, not plated!

First of all, thanks again to kilowattore for the valuable advice. It turned out the spots were just unwanted patina on that one screw. The silvery shine of the spots made me think it was steel looking through from underneath. I performed the lemon juice trick on my lunch break and it worked like charm, and I am very happy it did. There is really a wealth of knowledge on this forum.

I have contacted KS Watches letting them know I will not be needing new screws. I like to ad that KS was very responsive and helpful when I contacted them, really a great TD.

I am sorry if I alarmed anyone. p0pperini , I wish you the best of luck with your purchase, you will not regret it.

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Hello everybody! I have some great news here. The screws ARE in fact solid bronze, not plated!

First of all, thanks again to kilowattore for the valuable advice. It turned out the spots were just unwanted patina on that one screw. The silvery shine of the spots made me think it was steel looking through from underneath. I performed the lemon juice trick on my lunch break and it worked like charm, and I am very happy it did. There is really a wealth of knowledge on this forum.

I have contacted KS Watches letting them know I will not be needing new screws. I like to ad that KS was very responsive and helpful when I contacted them, really a great TD.

I am sorry if I alarmed anyone. p0pperini , I wish you the best of luck with your purchase, you will not regret it.

Great to hear it worked out well :cool:

Reactions: kryckan13

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Nice one kryckan13 - glad to hear it was just a bit of dodgy patina! I may also contact KS for this one - had a good buying experience with him previously and it's handy having a UK guy to take the stress out of international shipping... Although I read he wasn't taking any orders while the coronathing is still a thing.

kryckan13

Renowned Member
25/6/17
Sweden
Nice one kryckan13 - glad to hear it was just a bit of dodgy patina! I may also contact KS for this one - had a good buying experience with him previously and it's handy having a UK guy to take the stress out of international shipping... Although I read he wasn't taking any orders while the coronathing is still a thing.

Thank you, mate!

I don’t know about regular/custom orders but he told me he would try to get the parts (screws) I asked for, although it’s harder now due to this whole Corona thing.

Fridge_Magnets

Known Member
6/5/17
Thank you for such an in-depth review!
I can't help but see the gen looks like it's rose gold, and the rep looks bronze...is this just the different lighting from 2 different photo sources?
Especially the rose gold minute markers on the gen..

Last edited:

TBK

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/09
EU
Thank you for such an in-depth review!
I can't help but see the gen looks like it's rose gold, and the rep looks bronze...is this just the different lighting from 2 different photo sources?
Especially the rose gold minute markers on the gen..

That's the patina.
The bronze will change color over time due to oxidation. It doesn't hurt the metal and you can clean it if you like.
Take a look here also: https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/bell-ross/7020111-br-03-92-diver-bronze

BlakeMcJake

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/11/20
Thank you for posting. Just ordered one. Would love the blue version they make in gen as well, probably wouldn’t be much to order the blue dial and swap out.

clk168

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/11/21
Old post but wanted to thank the OP for this review. BR was never on my radar but it is now! But I have to do some research if it will fit my tiny 6.25 inch wrist. :/