• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BR03-92 Bronze Diver - PIctorial review

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
BR03-93 BRONZE DIVER
Pictorial review

After a long wait my BR03-92 Bronze Diver arrived and it's time to write a review and see if the rep is really is as close to gen as some think.

My appreciation for this brand is growing with almost every new release, this is something uncommon for me.
This is my second Bell & Ross release, following the BR03-93 GMT you can read and see HEREhttps://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...3-gmt-pictorial-review-and-gen-rep-comparison.

Frankly, I find many contemporary watches boring but there is something about the B&R brand that speaks to me. I think somehow I identify this brand with the early Panerai years, when a new watch design was more about substance than searching for the latest "wow factor".

Let's see the both gen and rep in detail:

THE GEN

Bell-Ross-BR03-92-Bronze-aBlogtoWatch-03.jpg

You can find a very good review filled with nice pics HERE

The BR03-92 Bronze Diver was released in 2018 in a 999 pieces limited edition with a retail price of 3,990 usd. At this price tag going gen is not out of question imho and it would be a good way to support a growing and worthy brand. Something to consider for those who can afford it.

THE REP

At the same time I have to say this rep release is so glaringly exceptional that it deserves to have the right exposure, hoping more releases will follow from this factory.

CASE

GEN

REP
[url=https://www.pixelsbin.com/image/ydc9D]

As you can see, case-wise there is really little to complain about the rep. Case shape and finish is exactly the same as gen. If anything, the seemsto have an overall rounder finish on the edges, look at the top of the lugs for example. Also, maybe the cut on the top screws looks wider on the rep.
Rep crystal has very good AR lik the gen.

DIAL

GEN
Bell-Ross-BR03-92-Bronze-aBlogtoWatch-03.jpg

Bell-Ross-BR03-92-Bronze-aBlogtoWatch-04.jpg

Bell-Ross-BR03-92-Bronze-aBlogtoWatch-02.jpg

REP
DSC00436ae9e0578d6f67da1.jpg
[/url]

Well, just like the case, the rep dial is almost perfect as far as I can tell. The "&" in Bell & Ross inscription is a tad bit thicker on the gen, but that's all I can see really. Rose gold markers are a perfect match and the beautiful hands, with their alternated brushed and polished surfaces are spot on.
Minute track is slightly thicker on the gen.
One thing these front pics made notice is the bezel has matte black markers while the rep has a slightly more glossy paint. Numbers on the bezel are a little bolder on the rep.
Besides, my watch has a minor defect on the triangle, completely invisible IRL as I did not notice it before analyzing these pics.

CASEBACK

GEN
Bell-Ross-BR03-92-Bronze-aBlogtoWatch-10.jpg

REP

Although at first glance one could say the CB is spot on too, it is maybe the weakest part in the rep.
The diver helmet engraving is more crisp and detailed in gen, while the other engravings have a slightly too tall font on rep. Very minor flaws indeed, but compared to the near perfection achieved by other aspects of this rep, they look bigger ;)

STRAP

A quick note about the rep strap is needed because, although a little too short for my 6.75 wrist, it is surprisingly decent quality. Its cracked leather look is very similar to gen, pliable and almost too soft. Correct markings are on the back lining.

CONCLUSIONS

Once again another great B&R rep release, this watch is definitely worth your attention both for its striking design and wearability and for its great quality replication. Let's just hope for more new releases from this factory.

A few more pics for you to enjoy :)

As usual any input and comment is very welcome, I would be glad to update the review with anything I missed.
Hope you enjoyed the reading and pics!

:cheers:

Rufctr2

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
16/2/16
Definitely i need one ! Thks for this detailed review.

kryckan13

Renowned Member
25/6/17
Sweden
I ordered mine from KS a few weeks back and it has arrived. It´s an amazing piece. Now I´m trying my best not to touch it before Christmas, as it is a gift to myself. Oh, what an itch! ;-P

TBK

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/09
EU
kilowattore Nice write up my friend!

By the looks of it, your crown does not seem to have the resin like coating. Am I right?

Cause the gen hasn't got that and (at least some) reps do.

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
kilowattore Nice write up my friend!

By the looks of it, your crown does not seem to have the resin like coating. Am I right?

Cause the gen hasn't got that and (at least some) reps do.

I didnt notice any resin like coating on the crown. Its soft rubber on the outside

kryckan13

Renowned Member
25/6/17
Sweden
Hey TBK !

About that clear coating on the crown: when you removed it on your watch did it peel off in one piece or did you have to dig it out? I´m looking to remove it from mine and would appreciate any input on what to expect.

TBK

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/09
EU
kryckan13 Thewatchwolf

​​​​​​​My BR03-88 had the same resin like coating. I was able to pop it off with the tip of a sharp knife. However, This didn't work on my bronze diver. Haven't found a solution yet.

Thewatchwolf

Renowned Member
1/3/15
CONUS
kryckan13 Thewatchwolf

My BR03-88 had the same resin like coating. I was able to pop it off with the tip of a sharp knife. However, This didn't work on my bronze diver. Haven't found a solution yet.

I’m surprised some of these models either have or don’t have this coating. It really sucks because I want it gone.

kryckan13

Renowned Member
25/6/17
Sweden
kryckan13 Thewatchwolf

​​​​​​​My BR03-88 had the same resin like coating. I was able to pop it off with the tip of a sharp knife. However, This didn't work on my bronze diver. Haven't found a solution yet.

Thank you for the input. Too bad there is no confirmed solution to this problem. If I find a way I will let you guys know.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

ArtA380

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/1/17
Europe
Not sure I understand what the "resin like coating" is. is that on the rubber which is on the crown?

kryckan13

Renowned Member
25/6/17
Sweden
Not sure I understand what the "resin like coating" is. is that on the rubber which is on the crown?

It,s a clear ”plastic” coating covering the &-logo on the crown.
0549b628ff1a2f7a9ecec73ccc94d397.plist

ArtA380

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/1/17
Europe
Thanks, good to know. I might order want when the CNY is over and will tell my TD to look for one without the coating on the crown. I have still not decided if I buy the Bell & Ross bronzo or the PAM382 bronzo though.

Last edited:
Reactions: kryckan13

Bilko

Alfaholic
16/6/09
Like wise,I was thinking about getting one, this review has me convinced

Bilko

Alfaholic
16/6/09
Like wise,I was thinking about getting one, this review has me convinced

turning up on Tuesday, something to brighton up my day whilst in lockdown, posties are still working, just not asking for signatures. Got a nice custom strap to complement the bronze case.

kryckan13

Renowned Member
25/6/17
Sweden
Apparently the case screws of the BR Bronze Diver are not solid bronze, but bronze plated. Unfortunately the plating has started to come off of one screw on my watch. Does anybody know where to get new screws?

Last edited:

kryckan13

Renowned Member
25/6/17
Sweden
I contacted KS Watches where I bought the watch. Hopefully they can source a new set of screws from Noob.
892dcd118236fc47a6eeaa46520419c1.plist

Last edited: