• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BR 03 - waterproofing

kanagawa

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/8/19

tim03

Known Member
8/1/19
United Kingdom
I wouldn’t be too concerned about small splashing from things like kitchen taps or putting the kids in the bath, my BR03 diver and horolum are fine . . . But fully submerging is a whole different matter.

in my opinion the watch should be treated as an individual piece. Just because someone has had good results from a BR-03, it doesn’t necessarily mean yours will. Remember these are reps so tolerances and assembly quality can vary wildly.

if you want it waterproofed, I would send it to someone who knows what they are doing to grease etc, there is some great general info on the forum on this subject.

Oascom

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
19/1/16
WWW.WATCHMAKERUSA.COM
Well I could help you test the watch and waterproof it. Pm me if you need some help

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
Yes, tim03 you are quite right. And you have to treat each model in a line independently. The case construction of the BR03 Diver is very different from the BR03 Chrono, for example. I just stripped down my new BR03 Diver yesterday to silicone and waterproof it. The screws were barely in tight enough to keep the two halves flush against the midcase and create a seal. So while the BR03 may be robust by design, the same cannot be automatically assumed by its assembly.

kanagawa

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/8/19
thank you for this valuable information.
I'll get some information on the subject.
Oascom, thank you for your proposal, but i'm in
Europe.

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
Silicone + tightening the screws made my BR03-92 safe enough for diving.