• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BR 05 - is this beauty gonna get a rep

MrX

Known Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
26/10/19
Agreed,

I LOVE all my B&R, rare on streets but amazing designs. My BR01-94 has had more remarks than any Rolex I've worn. This new angle seems like a way of trying to edge into a market they really should be moving away from - dangerously close for the brand becoming "a cheap AP" ... just keep putting skulls on BR01's! Scrap that, just keep making good BR01's altogether haha

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Last edited:

senumar

Looking Around
30/12/19
Is there any news related to this br05 rep been made? Really looking forward to get one.
Saw one on bestluxurysale.com but seems kinda fake...

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
I'd buy a rep of this. I actually like the look, but I'm never even going to try & pull off an AP or PP. Honestly, I'm surprised anyone buys a rep AP or PP. Seems to me that the only people that would actually buy those watches are going to be completely indifferent to the money. Ie, they are not going to be buying reps because 30k means almost nothing to them so they just buy the gen.

sammyboyyy

Looking Around
8/1/20
Well... if anybody wants to partake in a really horrible, cheap, and nasty looking rep, there is one knocking around on wish.com right now...

I think you'll like Mens Military Quartz Movement Wristwatches Watches Stainless Steel Strap Watch(4 Colors). Add it to your wishlist!

https://www.wish.com/share/6708ixjfla

WveWb.png

Last edited:

Cocoloiseau

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/5/19
Well... if anybody wants to partake in a really horrible, cheap, and nasty looking rep, there is one knocking around on wish.com right now...

I think you'll like Mens Military Quartz Movement Wristwatches Watches Stainless Steel Strap Watch(4 Colors). Add it to your wishlist!

https://www.wish.com/share/6708ixjfla

WveWb.png

Link doesnt work without an account..
Can you share a mobile friendly pic?

Thanks!

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: sammyboyyy

sammyboyyy

Looking Around
8/1/20
Cocoloiseau,

the pic I included beneath the link was a phone screenshot of a customer review image on the phone app.

I’m not sure how much more phone-friendly an image I can post...?

is it not visible to you?

how about the three photos I just posted above this comment?

SadProfessor

1/11/17
I’ve just ordered the wish version for about 15 quid, along with a fantasy Glashütte speedmaster thing.

Looking forward to seeing how terrible they are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
I’ve just ordered the wish version for about 15 quid, along with a fantasy Glashütte speedmaster thing.

Looking forward to seeing how terrible they are.

Sounds adventurous. Do you happen to have pictures of the "Glashütte Speedmaster"?

SadProfessor

1/11/17
Sounds adventurous. Do you happen to have pictures of the "Glashütte Speedmaster"?

94a5f4bc0e769e3e8b9a067994832f01.jpg

This is the one I bought. Was £20 including delivery. Couldn’t resist and I don’t know why.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RepJunkie

Known Member
24/1/19
Anyone got an update from their TDs if a rep would be coming anytime soon ? Loved the look of the piece when I tried it on last year, but no plans on actually paying that much money for a B&R! I also agree with some of the other comments here about build quality, not the best at it's pricepoint IMO.

nalomb

Be Excellent
6/8/12
I have not tried on the BR05, so can’t comment on that, but I have a few gen B&Rs and for the price point, I have zero complaints. In fact, their customer service is absolutely fantastic. They aren’t fancy and I don’t feel bad wearing them in questionable conditions. I have a few reps as well and frankly, they’re scarily close, but I’ve never felt I’ve overspent on this brand.

As a follow up, at the $2,500-5,000k price point, where do you see the best value/worthwhile expense? Looking for more junk to feed my habit more than anything else haha.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

RepJunkie

Known Member
24/1/19
I have not tried on the BR05, so can’t comment on that, but I have a few gen B&Rs and for the price point, I have zero complaints. In fact, their customer service is absolutely fantastic. They aren’t fancy and I don’t feel bad wearing them in questionable conditions. I have a few reps as well and frankly, they’re scarily close, but I’ve never felt I’ve overspent on this brand.

As a follow up, at the $2,500-5,000k price point, where do you see the best value/worthwhile expense? Looking for more junk to feed my habit more than anything else haha.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Sorry if I offended you there dude, but I'm talking about brand new B&Rs prices, they're fairly high and don't really hold their value well (as with most watch brands tbh). In all honesty, I've only ever tried 2 B&Rs on (the BR05 and one of those square diver styled ones a friend of mine had) and I never really got the "I need to get me one of these" vibe off them. Then again, watches are very subjective to individual taste.

For the $2000-5000 range, I would definitely recommend checking out some Tudors! The Black Bay 58 is just absolutely stunning (I may be slightly biased). When I tried on the BR05, the first thing that came to mind was how I would rather spend the same amount on a Seamaster. I have to say tho, I really liked the red radar that B&R had a couple of years back and would like to get one of those (hopefully a rep, haha).

I'm fairly new to the rep game (got my first a month ago) and quite frankly, I think I may just never get a gen (upwards of $2,000 at least) ever again! With the exception of a Grand Seiko, a no date spring drive complication is definitely my grail.

nalomb

Be Excellent
6/8/12
Sorry if I offended you there dude, but I'm talking about brand new B&Rs prices, they're fairly high and don't really hold their value well (as with most watch brands tbh). In all honesty, I've only ever tried 2 B&Rs on (the BR05 and one of those square diver styled ones a friend of mine had) and I never really got the "I need to get me one of these" vibe off them. Then again, watches are very subjective to individual taste.

For the $2000-5000 range, I would definitely recommend checking out some Tudors! The Black Bay 58 is just absolutely stunning (I may be slightly biased). When I tried on the BR05, the first thing that came to mind was how I would rather spend the same amount on a Seamaster. I have to say tho, I really liked the red radar that B&R had a couple of years back and would like to get one of those (hopefully a rep, haha).

I'm fairly new to the rep game (got my first a month ago) and quite frankly, I think I may just never get a gen (upwards of $2,000 at least) ever again! With the exception of a Grand Seiko, a no date spring drive complication is definitely my grail.

No offense taken at all -- just sharing my perspective. I'm not a brand fanboy and don't understand why some people are homers for a company in which they have no vested interest. I don't really have the "have to have" feeling with the BR05 either and would definitely take a Seamaster over that any day.

Can't get excited about gen Tudors as the reps are so close. Plus I'm not really a Rolex/Tudor guy although I do have a few. I've found a lot of fun brands in the $600-1,200 microbrand space in the past couple of years that have fed my gen habit. Cool designs without the ubiquity of mainstream gen brands in the $2-5k space. Happy hunting!