• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New 03-94 Models

nalomb

Be Excellent
6/8/12
Slew of new B&R chronographs up on Puretime:

V1bZBL.jpg

V1bDeo.jpg

V1bENK.jpg

V1bpye.jpg

V1bbHT.jpg

V1b1eA.jpg

Some cool models and interesting looks for the summer. The big issue on these is the thickness -- gen is around 13mm and these are purported to be 15.5, but look a tad thicker ...

V1bUNf.jpg

V1bQDQ.jpg

V1bnyX.jpg

V1bMLp.jpg

There are some nitpicky things you can go after onthese, but their pretty darn close. Regardless, its nice to see some new blood in the B&R repworld!

jttou

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/14
Date window is a give away. On some models printing is pretty poor, look at the Ravale model. Thickness is another issue. Color of the Desert Type looks wonky. If they just fixed the date window issue. But other than that who is gonna call you out on a Bell and Ross? So just enjoy it. I like the fact that factories haven't given up on Bell and Ross just yet.

nalomb

Be Excellent
6/8/12
Somehow they’ve still not figured out the date window haha. I think the desert-type photo is overexposed — at least I hope.

I’m going to pull the trigger on the horolume chrono. I have a gen heritage ceramic chrono, and I’ll do a little comparison on the dimensions and alignment. I’ve got a sneaking suspicion that the rehaut ring might be off ...

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Aspu

Horology Curious
23/1/16
The left second hand on BR03-94 Rafale aren’t orange like Gen

malisimo

Renowned Member
29/8/15
Somehow they’ve still not figured out the date window haha. I think the desert-type photo is overexposed — at least I hope.

I’m going to pull the trigger on the horolume chrono. I have a gen heritage ceramic chrono, and I’ll do a little comparison on the dimensions and alignment. I’ve got a sneaking suspicion that the rehaut ring might be off ...

Hi!!!

Did you finally bought it?

Thanks in advance.

ilcapretto

Looking Around
21/4/18
Rafale- Big miss on the 30 minute timer hand color. But agreed, glad the factory's make them.

Reactions: quaresma7

TBK

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/09
EU
I’m tempted to buy the horolum chrono, but noticed the big date window gap. However, I see that on the gen there’s quite a big gap as well. The non chrono does not have this gap, both gen and rep. (Due to a different movement).

I will asked for qc pic’s of the date window to determine if I’m gonna buy it.

If anybody had experience though, please share it.

Last edited:

nalomb

Be Excellent
6/8/12
What exactly is the date window issue?

Date window is sunken and is not as flush with the dial as gen. The other issue on chrono B&R reps (and most B&R reps) is that the date is not perfectly centered in the aperture -- you can see the ghost of the preceding or subsequent date as opposed to only the current date number.

Rickhardth

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/6/20
How good is the case coating of the PVD versions? If it's really PVD it shouldn't wear off on its own. Can anyone share their experience with these?

TBK

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/09
EU
On these quality watches the pvd coating is good. It won’t ware off.

Rickhardth

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/6/20
On these quality watches the pvd coating is good. It won’t ware off.

Thanks TBK ! That 's exactly what I wanted to hear. You just helped to make up my mind. Now I hope I can find someone who has these in stock. Cheers!

TBK

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/09
EU
Anytime. Just make sure in the qc pics the date is centered. (As much as possible)

Reactions: Rickhardth

christobear

22/10/15

Reviving an old thread to see if you ever got the br03-94 to compare with your gen. I recently developed an interest in the chrono version

Reactions: Shoebear