• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BR 03-92 Diver bronze?

SSW09

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
13/5/19
France
so I finally got mine today.....and I AM SUPER HAPPY with it. This watch looks really gorgeous, overall a lot better quality than I expected and really surprise also with the quality of the strap, easily matching the quality of a GEN one. This process was one of the longest I had with Andrew but as always he was super cooperative and professional all the way. First watch was refused directly by him cause of a loose screw, then it went out of stock, then I waited for over 3 weeks, then we had kind of an issue with custom at the entry of the UK ( which is extremely rare ) but it solved by itself. For those using the UK triangulation this is the first time that the tracking showed me : " retain at the entry, your item was sent to custom for assesment ", but finally the watch went through !! uffff

I have quickly cleaned the watch with lemon juice and a toothbrush before taking these pics.

As for the case screws, yes it seems that there are not in bronze, 2 TDs have also confirmed that they are coated / plated so I guess I will have to wait over the time to see how they are holding up.

I do not know for you but I have learned over the time to unbox slowly my watches and it is a very satisfying moment when it finally comes to light !!

here are the pics, for all of you who want to order this watch : go ahead, this is definitely a super rep.

THANKS once again for all who gave me the confidence to press the button !!!
ZefT2I.jpg
ZeflW1.jpg
Zefplj.jpg
ZefCf4.jpg
ZefXnc.jpg
ZefduX.jpg
Zef4Ib.jpg
Zefwji.jpg
ZefMdp.jpg

Last edited:

SSW09

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
13/5/19
France
I realized that there is a white spot in some of the pics I have posted before but it was certainly some dust on the glass, here goes another one

Reactions: chentepilot

TBK

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/09
EU
SSW09 congratulations one you new favourite watch :p lol

No, I'm sure you will enjoy this piece. Especially when the patina sets and makes this watch feel like it's alive.

Let's see how the plated screws hold up indeed.

Reactions: SSW09

Thewatchwolf

Renowned Member
1/3/15
CONUS
So do the newer batches have played screws? Mine are getting the same patina as the rest of the watch which I’ve cleaned multiple times already.

SSW09

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
13/5/19
France
So do the newer batches have played screws? Mine are getting the same patina as the rest of the watch which I’ve cleaned multiple times already.
Well, I have asked both Andrew and Angus, both told me that the watch was never produced with bronze screws but that the patina does spread with time over the coat of the screws...I don’t know, it seems possible but I still have doubts on this particular point. We will see...

Thewatchwolf

Renowned Member
1/3/15
CONUS
Well, I have asked both Andrew and Angus, both told me that the watch was never produced with bronze screws but that the patina does spread with time over the coat of the screws...I don’t know, it seems possible but I still have doubts on this particular point. We will see...

From a scientific perspective it doesn’t make sense. Patina can only “spread” to a surface that will oxidize like bronze does. Looking forward to seeing what happens with your watch!

Thewatchwolf

Renowned Member
1/3/15
CONUS
Well, the inevitable happened to me today. I lost one of the bronze lug screws. I was an idiot and I left my watch on while I was exercising. Any help on figuring out where to find a replacement screw would be greatly appreciated.

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
Well, the inevitable happened to me today. I lost one of the bronze lug screws. I was an idiot and I left my watch on while I was exercising. Any help on figuring out where to find a replacement screw would be greatly appreciated.

I have only been successful in getting parts for a watch when I buy another watch from the same factory via my TD. Using this method I have bought a bezel, Breitling Bandit movement, case back, and a bracelet.

Reactions: Thewatchwolf

Thewatchwolf

Renowned Member
1/3/15
CONUS
I’m tempted to contact Bell and Ross directly and see if they would offer me replacement parts. However I have no way of knowing if they are interchangeable

TBK

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/09
EU
Can't say for sure.
Gen screw on a rep tube might be a problem. But a complete gen set would be less risky. I would take that chance.

Btw: I tried to buy s set from B&R a while ago. But they asked me to go the a AD with the watch and warranty card.

SSW09

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
13/5/19
France
Does anyone know if gen parts would be interchangeable on this rep?

If you ahead, please let us know. One on my lug screws ha been damaged ( I think the tool was not exactly at the size), so I would rather change it if gen tubes work !

studio1one

28/10/10
Lost a lug screw here too. Pah.

Asked for a replacement part from TD when buying another watch but he said none available.

Thewatchwolf

Renowned Member
1/3/15
CONUS
Lost a lug screw here too. Pah.

Asked for a replacement part from TD when buying another watch but he said none available.

So I did a little DIY repair and it actually worked out great. I bought a pair of generic B&R tubes and screws off of Amazon that were stainless steel. I was hoping that the screw would have the same thread as the existing screw that came with the watch but it was completely different so I had to swap out the entire tube. The replacement tube was a few millimeters longer so I used my Dremel and ground it down. Finally I treated the new set of screws over the stove and darkened the stainless steel to a bronze like finish.

Reactions: studio1one

TBK

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/09
EU
So I did a little DIY repair and it actually worked out great. I bought a pair of generic B&R tubes and screws off of Amazon that were stainless steel. I was hoping that the screw would have the same thread as the existing screw that came with the watch but it was completely different so I had to swap out the entire tube. The replacement tube was a few millimeters longer so I used my Dremel and ground it down. Finally I treated the new set of screws over the stove and darkened the stainless steel to a bronze like finish.

Picture please :rolleyes: