• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BR 03-92 Diver bronze?

kryckan13

Renowned Member
25/6/17
Sweden
I am sorry to say I think that will never happen. We asked and waited a awfull long time for the current release, meaning the chanses are not the best for the green one. Keeping my fingers crossed, none the less...

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

FerdinandTzeDzjerman

Known Member
Certified
29/10/18
NRW, Germany
Maybe a little off-topic, but do you guys also have the 'problem' that the patina stains your wrists? My sweat gives a bit of green patina that I really have to brush off my wrist.. Especially in warm weather it's kind of annoying. Apart from that I absolutely adore the watch. Wear it every day!

TBK

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/09
EU
Maybe a little off-topic, but do you guys also have the 'problem' that the patina stains your wrists? My sweat gives a bit of green patina that I really have to brush off my wrist.. Especially in warm weather it's kind of annoying. Apart from that I absolutely adore the watch. Wear it every day!

Funny you mention this. Yes, I also came across this 'problem'. Normally no issues at all. But during the hot summer days, I had a greenish wrist.

I guess the sweat and bodyfat dissolves some of the patina. But I can't see discoloration on the watch however.

By the way, this is exactly the reason why the caseback is stainless steel. It's designed that way.

SSW09

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
13/5/19
France
I have ordered a BR03 bronzo to Trusty time about one month ago. The first watch received by Andrew had a loose screw so it was rejected : https://trustytime.asia/index.php?ma...ducts_id=20572
1 week after Andrew mentioned that the factory was out of stock, I first thought it was a NOOB but then realize it was a BR/LE ? and when I asked Andrew he told me :
" The Factory is a small one owned by a relative close to NOOB Factory ", the watch came in yesterday and I received the QC pics : it looks good, the date seems to be dead aligned, same thing that with others : the serial number do not match the manufacturing one on the back, and the watch already comes with a LOT of patina. Screws are not bronze, he mentioned that they are coated to match the bronze color.

I am also worried about the coated screw, how long the coating will last especially considering that times to times you have to clean out the patina with different products.

Any comments / suggestions my friends ?

Last edited:

SSW09

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
13/5/19
France
error modified in the message above..

Last edited:

TBK

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/09
EU
- don't worry about the patina. It's easy to clean (see earlier in this thread)
- I was convinced the screws are bronze. They do form patina and I haven't had any issue what so ever.

​​​​​​

kryckan13

Renowned Member
25/6/17
Sweden
The screws are bronze. I had an issue with some unwanted silverish patina on one screw causing me to think the screws are not solid bronze. However the silverish patina came off with a toothbrush and some lemmon juice.

SSW09

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
13/5/19
France
The screws are bronze. I had an issue with some unwanted silverish patina on one screw causing me to think the screws are not solid bronze. However the silverish patina came off with a toothbrush and some lemmon juice.

Well, I don’t know if I can publish the QC pics before approval ? But it is clear that there is no patina on the screw when the rest of the watch has already a lot and a bit too shiny to my taste, also why Andrew would tell me that they are not bronze ? What is the factory of your watch ? NOOB ? Cause the one that is offering me Andrew is from a small factory “ related “ to Noob, you can see it in the link I have put above. I am really wondering if I have to accept it or not !

Thewatchwolf

Renowned Member
1/3/15
CONUS
Well, I don’t know if I can publish the QC pics before approval ? But it is clear that there is no patina on the screw when the rest of the watch has already a lot and a bit too shiny to my taste, also why Andrew would tell me that they are not bronze ? What is the factory of your watch ? NOOB ? Cause the one that is offering me Andrew is from a small factory “ related “ to Noob, you can see it in the link I have put above. I am really wondering if I have to accept it or not !

I’d hold off until confirmation. I don’t know of any other factory that’s producing the bronze version that isn’t NOOB. Some TD’s will say anything to make a sale.

TBK

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/09
EU

Yes, you can post a qc picture for a specific question. Like the screw for example. (Posting qc pics and asking if we can see faults in general is not okay)

I think our watches are from noob. As advertised back when we bought them. But one can never guarantee in in this business.

SSW09

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
13/5/19
France
Yes, you can post a qc picture for a specific question. Like the screw for example. (Posting qc pics and asking if we can see faults in general is not okay)

I think our watches are from noob. As advertised back when we bought them. But one can never guarantee in in this business.

here is the link :https://trustytime.asia/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=104_148&products_id=20572
and here goes the pics

What do you think I should do ? thanks guys as I am really confused right now !!

TBK

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/09
EU
Oooow. You meant the case screws. I thought you meant the lug screws.

If seen qc pictures where the patina has formed on the case but not on then lug screws. Maybe the lug screws form patina less quickly because they are less exposed.
I'm not sure if this is the same for the case screws. I must admit they are shinny. If the watch hasn't formed so much patina already, if would have accepted with out a doubt. But as the watch already has formed patina, the screws stand out more. If you clean the watch, it will look great. But I can't promise how it will look after a thick layer of patina has formed.

(I think I personally would accept it.)

kryckan13

Renowned Member
25/6/17
Sweden
I don´t think this is an issue here. You can clearly see patina forming on the bottom right screw. If the patina is uneven I would clean the watch in lemon juice and just restart the process. If the case screws are still to shiny after some use I would take them out and expose them to some vinegar fumes to force the patina.

I would accept the watch too, same as TBK

Phoenixboy

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/19
Devon
Patina will form on the screws, just takes a little longer.
c7a725429cbf50e05a9d92e7ceef292b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SSW09

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
13/5/19
France
Well, thank you all for your comments and suggestions, I will take the risk and approve the watch. FYI, Andrew answered me that this morning after I challenged him on some of you having bought a NOOB and case screws seem to be bronze :

" We are selling the same watch. So there isn’t any issues at all. Sometimes the chemical oxidation can spread to the screws top surface and that is a little misleading but I can ensure you that screws are coated to match color of the watch "

To be very honest, I love the watch and I will give him credit, my only concern is how long will the coating last ( if it is indeed coating ! ), especially taking into consideration that I will be using some vinegar fumes, or lemon etc....

TBK , I will contact you in PM for some extra info on how to clean the watch if you do not matter

kryckan13

Renowned Member
25/6/17
Sweden
I am glad to know you have decided to approve the watch. You will be very happy with it, no doubt.

Both the lemmon juice and the vinegar fumes were my suggestions, but feel free to ask TBK, I am sure he knows things I don’t (and I mean that in a honest way.)

God luck with your new watch, mate! Please post pictures once you receive it.

Reactions: SSW09 and TBK

SSW09

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
13/5/19
France
Just for the records, I have questioned Jennifer from Puretime about their watch, and the answer was the following : watch is advertised as NOOB but this is actually made by a small branch related to NOOB, case screws are rose gold plated, same information that I have received from Andrew so I guess this is it ! I will be waiting for this bad boy to arrive and I will, of course, post some pics !

Last edited:

TBK

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/09
EU
Rose plated... Strange.
if it is actually not the same watch as I have. Then I wonder how the screws will hold up.

If they do not form patina, you can always darken them somehow. I've used a metallic gold/bronze marker from a marker kit (for drawing) once on a lug screw to match the case. Those where a lot smaller though.

Last edited: