• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How to change the battery on B&R 46mm Chrono Quartz

robc_uk

25/11/06
I bought a B&R 46mm Chrono quartz late last year from Andrew and its been great untill....

I opened my watch box last night and it had stopped, it looks like my son had been 'looking' and started the Chrono, that'll drain the battery!

I don't have a friendly local watchsmith so thought I'd change the battery myself, It's an easy watch to acces, You just undo the four screws on the top and pop off the whole top piece.

Once I'm in what do I do?

How do I turn the movemenr over to access the battery without damaging the stem??

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rob

tommy88888

Horology Curious
4/4/07
change the battery of Bell&Ross

hello,my friend.i am tommy,come from china where made cope watches.IN china.all the bell ross watches were made by me.so,i tell you how to use it:
the movement of your bell ross calls swiss RONDA 5030D that is quartz chnoro movement.(i am poor in english,excuse me..hehe...)
1.screw out the small screw on the back.then pull the crown out.

2.screw out 4 screws on the front of the watch.then open the glass.

3.now,you can take the dial and movement.

if you are not sure understand me.please contact me with msn:[email protected] or email to me.waitting for you.friend...

Sylar

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
17/1/07
Wow, is this for real. The person that makes the BR watches is in our forum.

Welcome Friend.

ken1

18/3/07
i guess that makes him our equivalent of JCB at timezone? LOL!

robc_uk

25/11/06
Re: change the battery of Bell&Ross

tommy88888 said:
hello,my friend.i am tommy,come from china where made cope watches.IN china.all the bell ross watches were made by me.so,i tell you how to use it:
the movement of your bell ross calls swiss RONDA 5030D that is quartz chnoro movement.(i am poor in english,excuse me..hehe...)

if you are not sure understand me.please contact me with msn:[email protected] or email to me.waitting for you.friend...
Tommy, Thank you for this, I will let you know how it goes!

Rob

Yannou

10/2/07
EU
Very interesting...Thks a lot

And rob, take us inform if it was OK for you... :D

gambafreaks

Horology Curious
4/8/06
Re: change the battery of Bell&Ross

tommy88888 said:

Hello tommy88888, I only want to say to you that many people and me are waiting for a B&R 03-92 with a similiar quality to Hublot Big Bang, this is almost perfect, are you thinking of making it? I believe that it could be the soldest rep in 2007, Thanks and sorry for my english

Steve Podborski

Horology Curious
17/3/07
^^^ Yeah. I'd buy the BR03-94 (42mm with chrono, A7750r2 in PVD) for sure.

(In fact, I'd buy a current model 39mm BR01-92 non-chrono if the face was redone to say "BR03-92." For me, smaller is better.)

mothroth

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/1/09
hi - 2 years later this link has proved useful!

can anyone confirm if the advice given above is still relevant for a B&R 01-94 chrono I just got from watcheden? Its not gone yet but when it does i wanna know what to do!

cheers chaps!

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
Thx for the tip.

B&R being large watches, I would love to see reps of the new 39mm models (with seconds@6). Finally Bell&Ross did what was already (wrongly) existing in the repworld.

The case already exists, it's just a question of a new dial layout, maybe of a new caseback. And the movement also exists as Asian21j, we could surely get a nice rep under 100USD without big efforts from the manufacturer.
And if doing so, do not forget to use a rubber that does not take dust for the strap ;)

Pala09

Looking Around
8/7/20
Hi
how far do I pull the crown out ? I have pulled it as far as it will go but I still can't get the dial and movement out ?

Regards
P

TBK

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/09
EU
Hi
how far do I pull the crown out ? I have pulled it as far as it will go but I still can't get the dial and movement out ?

Regards
P

Wow, bringing a 13 year old thread back to life. But I guess battery changing never gets old.
If I remember correctly, you have to press a button inside the movement, This button is accessible once you remove that screw in the back. Just press down with a toothpick or something whilst pulling the crown out.

FELIX_I

Looking Around
21/11/21
Both people writing the steps on how to remove the movement are actually wrong, including the maker. This is how you do it.
1. Remove the white screw feom the back of the watch.
2. Push a paper clip into the hole and pull the crown in the same time.
3. Turn the watch now facing up and remove the 4 front screws.
4. Remove the glass and the movement.

The battery is a SR927W, see picture

Hope that helps