• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Advice needed reg BR02-94 Chrono

thorne

16600 FTW
8/3/10
Sling City
Hi,

This will be my first B&R, somehow the BR01's didnt do it for me, but once I saw this I had to have one.

With the A7750, these generally go at about 370 + shipping.

Puretime now has these on sale for 268 + shipping. I want to get this one in rose gold/carbon:
http://www.puretime.co/product/br-02-pink-gold-chronograph-carbon-finish-1

Since I know precisely bugger all about B&R, need some advice on whether this is the proper version or is there some V1/V2 kind of thing as there is with DSSDs and Ploprofs

After some comparing the only major visible fault I can find is that although the dial is marked 500m, the CB is marked 1000m. Please let me know if there are any other major tells.

Can someone also point me to a good review of this rep? Couldnt seem to find one, although found it for the non-chrono

Cheers
T

tlamalfa

Looking Around
6/12/10
I just ordered the PVD version of this watch from PureTime . I will post pics when I get the watch. So far, I have not heard back when to expect the delivery.

scottie83

21/10/11
Nothing that I'm aware of. On all the 02s the lume is not too bright and is usually green rather than blue like the gen.

TA8088

SCAMMER
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
INMATE
28/10/07
Those of you looking to pick up BR02's might want to check out Toro Bravo's Xmas sale. He has the A7750 BR02 chronos for $158. I'm giving serious thought to picking one up along with another BR02 non-chrono.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

scottie83

21/10/11
I just received my PVD 02-92 from Toro and I've got to say, I'm quite impressed. The PVD is very gen-like compared to my rep 03. Even the buckle has a great matte PVD finish.

8267683982_a53ed9ceab_b_d.jpg

8267686220_4e60e2aef9_b_d.jpg

My only complaint is that the crystal sticks out further/seems thicker than my old 02-92 SS rep.

Lume shot, gen is blue, but the 02s have the brightest lume of any B&R rep.
8268665014_dd0a417a00_b_d.jpg

Rep 02 in a GEN Pelican case and GEN PVD canvas makes this a super rep :)
8267595037_d58b6951a6_b_d.jpg

And just to compare the PVD finish, GEN buckle on left and rep on right.
8268665758_125b0b7f71_b_d.jpg

ElChe

Known Member
5/2/12
My New BR02-94 Chrono PVD

Put mine on for the first time today. Came in from MR a few days ago:

IMAG0022_1.jpg

Little smudge in the AR between the 11 and 12:
IMAG0021.jpg

Nasty little nick...didn't notice it before but it really shows up in pics...almost undetectable unless you're looking for it.
IMAG0020.jpg

IMAG0019.jpg

IMAG0018.jpg

IMAG0015.jpg

Nice weight, good look. Sunken date wheel, blobby triangle, and green lume. Not sure i want to keep it, but it works for today. I would say it's at least what I expected. Doesn't wear very big and works with trainers and jeans or driving shoes and leather.

I also think there are two versions of this watch...one with a working/rotating inner bezel and one where the bezel is fixed. At least it seems that way on Puretime's site. The fixed bezel one is about $100 cheaper.

lildaddym

Renowned Member
14/3/10
I hadn't considered the 02-xx series, seriously...I might, now...I like this one a lot!

wease

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/8/12
I picked up the SS non chrono version. Normally these are in the 200+ dollar range, so this should be the better of the 2 types of watches. I do hope these are not QC rejects. They are just on the special offers page. They also state no QC pictures with this watch. Mine shipped so I should find out in a week or so.

ElChe

Known Member
5/2/12
Hi ELChen,

Did you get your BR02-94 from Toro as well? PAM got all my rep funds, but I have been looking at BR02s recently. Does yours have rotating inner bezel then? Thanks

I purchased mine from MR (a trusted dealer). The inner bezel on my watch does rotate. 60 clicks vs. gen 120 but it works fine.

I also just got a relume quote to have it glow "aqua" like it's genuine counterpart and also to have the lens wiped clean on the inside.

I don't know if I will be keeping it as i don't really want a project watch. I have received many compliments on it the day I wore it...it is a nice watch. I paid the same price as is listed on Puretime more or less.

YY_DROIDX

Horology Curious
4/7/12
Thanks ElChen...

How bad is lume out of box? More or less compare to regular rep glow, or below average?
BR02 in all black is the way to go imo, just hope PVD won't get scratched. I am scared to death with my PAM360, same type of PVD...

ElChe

Known Member
5/2/12
Lume is fantastic! Its just that its is green. I'll try and take a pic later on.

The PVD finish is legit. Mine came with a little nick, but you can hardly see it because it's not a thin paint job but a true finish.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

livil

20/9/12
I purchased mine from MR (a trusted dealer). The inner bezel on my watch does rotate. 60 clicks vs. gen 120 but it works fine.

just received mine from toro today , no time for pics yet . just wanted to confirm that the inner bezel rotates (uni directional 60 clicks ) by unscrewing and turning the top crown .works perfectly

only default is a slight crack on the orange plastic ring around the he escape valve . at 1/2 the price i couldnot care less .

detailed pics to come in the toro section tomorrow i guess ,

ElChe

Known Member
5/2/12
just received mine from toro today , no time for pics yet . just wanted to confirm that the inner bezel rotates (uni directional 60 clicks ) by unscrewing and turning the top crown .works perfectly

only default is a slight crack on the orange plastic ring around the he escape valve . at 1/2 the price i couldnot care less .

detailed pics to come in the toro section tomorrow i guess ,

That's great to hear!! Wish I would've known about his deal when I ordered mine:-D

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

tlamalfa

Looking Around
6/12/10
Not in Stock

Bummer ..i'm being told the BR-2-94 pvd i ordered is not in stock. First i was emailed it was in stock only to hear two days later it was out of stock ..choose another watch. Ordered from PureTime

YY_DROIDX

Horology Curious
4/7/12
Tiamalfa, what r u talking about? Just ordered mine (BR02-94 chrono in PVD) from PureTime last night. I should have it on my wrist by Sunday, will post pics

Toro didn't have PVD flavor for BR02-94, steel shine just doesn't do it for me.