• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BR03-93 GMT Photos & Thoughts

LavaTree7

Looking Around
23/11/21
Hi, I wanted to share my experience with the my BR03-93 GMT. This won't be a full review, just some thoughts and photos.

This is my first rep. I ordered from TrustyTime, the purchase required a couple email exchanges to confirm stock, and shipping took a while (around 60 days). I wanted to try a rep first, because I have a 6" wrist and didn't know if I could pull off a watch like this. I'm quite glad that I went this route, because I have decided that this is too large for my style in most scenarios. Hopefully the impeded photos work:
My general thoughts on this vs the standard (non diver) BR03
-It feels heavier than other Bell and Ross watches that I have tried, but not too much thicker
-The GMT look works very well with the square tool watch aesthetic
-The bezel and smaller dial work well vs the non-divers. In photos it looks cramped, but in person I quite like it
-The GMT and dive bezel help fill out the size of this watch more than other models, imo
-Reflections off of the bezel hit the polished square case in a way I really like. Hard to get a photo of this...

The main differences that I can see between this and the genuine are:
-The thinner font used on the bezel numbers
-The brushing on the 3,6,9, and 12 is more rough
-The markers of the bezel are rectangular instead of oval

Some neutral points:
-The bezel feels about the same as genuine. Sharp tactile clicks. Far from my favorite sound
-The case shape is just unique enough to get a pass on the derivative color combo, imo
-Case screw heads are flush enough. I've seen some reps with poor case screws.
-The GMT is a 24 hour GMT, how it should be

Some Pros:
-It feels solid. As this was my first rep, I was worried it would be rattly or feel cheap, but it doesn't.
-The case finishing is great, they got the brushed case sides and polished case edges right. The case could pass for genuine.
-They did a good job with color matching: the red looks good. It is a bold watch for sure.

Some Cons:
-In the right light, the more rougher brushed finish of the dial numbers does stand out. I don't love it, but idk if a watch person would notice. B&R makes very industrial looking watches, so someone into watches might just assume that this finish is intentional.
-The rectangular markers on the bezel are an instant tell, but that's only the kind of thing a big B&R fan would notice.
-The strap leather isn't good (per this forum, this seems to apply to most reps)

here are some photos:

Goodwood

Known Member
30/1/11
The other big difference is that the lume on oem is green and rep's lume is blue. I have the 2 rep GMTs and much prefer the Coke bezel version.

Last edited: