• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Who I am and What I do

Jonj480

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
3/11/14
Hey guys,
I am Jon, (obviously) and I live in the woods in Ohio (hence the name, and the green man avatar). I love to work with steel, and metals, and my first undergraduate degree is in fine arts (illustration). I love to refinish steel, and make things look and function better.

That being said, I love making watches shine, and consider it a challenge to make a rep look as close to gen as possible, and also to make a gen look like it just came out of its box for the first time. Here is a list of mods that I can currently do:
  • Brush and polish any bracelet from any maker (I have researched the methods of the various companies and understand how the finishes differ) This includes: Rolex, Omega, AP, Breitling, Hublot, and just about everything else
  • Refinish case and bezel
  • Regrind bezel scallops (remove those unsightly rep grind marks)
  • Improve SEL recession
  • Regrind-reshape watch case
  • Reshape crown guards
  • Bevel watch case and/or bracelet
  • Mod 904L bracelet SELs to fit other models
  • Paint mods (I have done subs, GMTs, DSSDs, and even Explorer 2's)
I am always trying new stuff, so this list will expand in the future.... Stay tuned!!!

What I do not do:
  • I am NOT a watchmaker. I am NOT a watchmaker, I am NOT a watchmaker
  • I cannot waterproof your watch, service it, mess with the movement, change the crystal, etc.
  • I will not undertake any such projects, however, I do have relationships on the forum and can help you to coordinate with someone who can.
  • Basically, I will not do anything that involves opening your watch

Jonj480

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
3/11/14
What is included in brushing and polishing a bracelet?

Disassembly of all non-permanent parts. Refinish those parts, ultrasonically clean, reassemble, final finish, Lubricate, clean excess, take pics!

LarryZek

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/3/17
Amazing to deal with.
Very honest & polite.
Congrats bud!

wm9z

25/2/12
I have seen Jon's work first hand and it is top notch.His attention to detail has made him a perfectionist. Hands down..the best restoration case and bracelet service I have ever seen using only top quality materials and machinery to achieve superb results very similar to procedures used by Rolex, Omega,Breitling, Panerai,Cartier etc..

Sub007

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
18/8/14
Wow! Sounds promising!!!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Radman

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
6/12/13
congrats! I recall seeing some pics of your work and it looks awesome.

thanks.

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
Jon has done a sub and SD bracelet for me and his work is superb. 100% recommended and Thrasher Approved!

a5a0c227eacff2312a2d98269380bfd6.9874a6df855890ef9229.jpg

Jonj480

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
3/11/14
Thanks guys! I have been super busy with a new job and am not taking any new watch work until after the first of the year! I just dont want to sit on peoples watches until I have time to work on them.

Happy Holidays.

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
Any Updates Jon? You need to POST pictures of your work. I have more than a few TC V6 and V7 with less than amazing bevels

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Are you still working, if so, could you share a bit about your prices. I have a ARF Daytona bracelet and an ARF Sub bracelet I would like to have rebrushed :)