• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Awesome refinishing work!

PACCBET

I'm Pretty Popular
19/10/16
*Reposting since Jon got his own section now :D*

Long story short, my SMP300 case got messed up by an incompetent well-known "watchmaker" here in Toronto when I asked him to swap the bezel assembly. He managed scratch all corners of the lugs while trying to pry it open. I was also looking for someone who could refinish this bracelet as it is worn. The wait times and price Swatch Group Canada quoted me to make it right again was also ridiculous. That's a no go for me.

A couple of weeks ago, I stumbled upon this thread: https://forum.replica-watch.info/th...r-fresh-brush-and-polish.400948/#post-3759479

I immediately reached out to @Jonj480 and asked him if he's willing to do mine since he's CONUS.
Enough with me rambling, here's what you're here for:

BEFORE:

v9aXlQS.jpg

op6EtAa.jpg

6FIW9b3.jpg

9ohbEHB.jpg

Hs5hYEV.jpg

AFTER:
xUU3hpI.jpg

ab7LLrw.jpg

xFl2JR6.jpg

IZKFdaz.jpg

jxXiHe2.jpg

OF6B2qZ.jpg

sjG038E.jpg

kkk38Mm.jpg

w1Yc4Ty.jpg

Kd1Sayi.jpg

yhPeMB5.jpg

WRISTSHOTS:
qbgsfIp.jpg

8mzYLiO.jpg

ToUkX8f.jpg

All I can say about Jon is he is very friendly and responsive in answering my questions. He constantly updated me with the progress and the turnaround was really quick! Deal with confidence.

domsdaddy123

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
6/8/15
That there is some superb work. He clearly knows what he is doing...especially with the bracelet, thats a time consumimg job as there are like 6 pieces to each link and some arw polished and some are brushed. Do you know if he took the whole bracelet apart to refinish it? Some guys can do it without taling the bracelet apart. Either way, awesome job..

i would love to ask Jon if he is familiar with the Patek 5711 SS reps and if he would offer a polish package for them. All the reps could use additional champhers on the case and bracelet as well as an overall lapping and addiyional cutting of bevels on the clasp and bracelet..Ies one of the things that gen PPs have that you notice right away..Gen PP has such a high level of finish. I have done my own w a dremel, and it looks good but OP is clearly an expert and head and shoulders above an amateur lile me...

anyway, just wondering, your sm300 looks awesome!

Reactions: Jonj480

PACCBET

I'm Pretty Popular
19/10/16
That there is some superb work. He clearly knows what he is doing...especially with the bracelet, thats a time consumimg job as there are like 6 pieces to each link and some arw polished and some are brushed. Do you know if he took the whole bracelet apart to refinish it? Some guys can do it without taling the bracelet apart. Either way, awesome job..

i would love to ask Jon if he is familiar with the Patek 5711 SS reps and if he would offer a polish package for them. All the reps could use additional champhers on the case and bracelet as well as an overall lapping and addiyional cutting of bevels on the clasp and bracelet..Ies one of the things that gen PPs have that you notice right away..Gen PP has such a high level of finish. I have done my own w a dremel, and it looks good but OP is clearly an expert and head and shoulders above an amateur lile me...

anyway, just wondering, your sm300 looks awesome!
Yup, Jonj480 does all kinds of metal work so he is the right guy to do it. Best to PM him directly. Smooth process if you’re CONUS too.

Jonj480

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
3/11/14
domsdaddy123 i did do some work to mine.

C004C1AD-5526-4D85-8D55-BF0816DE1122.jpeg77FE582A-CB0E-4661-85E1-4529C7C2016A.jpeg577CF51A-862C-4DAF-B313-06FE785CFED8.jpegDACB9696-32A3-4F9A-BE19-15AE62C1C532.jpeg00C53225-96A7-40FB-A451-DF66BEE8FDBA.jpeg

I would welcome your feedback. I shaved the bracelet links in this and enhanced the chamfer on the edge of the bracelet. I am not as familiar with the gen though, so if you have any other suggestions, I’d be happy to use mine as a prototype for mods you would like to see to it.

Attachments

• FE76C14F-825E-460C-AD76-01D948A9DF07.jpeg
    FE76C14F-825E-460C-AD76-01D948A9DF07.jpeg
    36.6 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: domsdaddy123

domsdaddy123

Patron
Certified
6/8/15
domsdaddy123 i did do some work to mine.

I would welcome your feedback. I shaved the bracelet links in this and enhanced the chamfer on the edge of the bracelet. I am not as familiar with the gen though, so if you have any other suggestions, I’d be happy to use mine as a prototype for mods you would like to see to it.

nice! Yes, the PP 5711 as well as all PP has a very, very high level if hand finishing to it..its really somethimg you would appreciate if you could hold the gen in your hands. Thats not an easy thing to do as PP ADs are fairly scarce but if you live in a major city, its worth your time to go visit and check it out in person. Havimg said that, the bracelet and clasp has a high polished wide cut champfer/bevel along both sides on the top of the links and around both sides of the case, upper and lower lugs. The rep factories usually miss this detail on the case and its sorely needed. The makers also always miss the polished edges on the clasp..all the gens have it and yhats a must..the makers are usually very stingy with the amount of champher in general, and with this watch its gotta be there..anyone who is trying to pull off a 5711 needs to get the casework done, it really is a must...you could probably offer a service for just the 5711 and be busy for it..also, if ypu could take apart allt the links in the bracelet and soften and add cuts that would be a wet dream for the rep 5711 owner..same for the case, it would be amazing if you could dissamble the whole head and work on the entire case, rehult too, all of it needs finish work aa the gen has a lot of attention to detail..i will post a link to a gen that has some great macro pics for refrence..it was a link I recently saw but its great and props to the guy who found it..but nothing beats seeing it in person..

Jonj480

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
3/11/14
nice! Yes, the PP 5711 as well as all PP has a very, very high level if hand finishing to it..its really somethimg you would appreciate if you could hold the gen in your hands. Thats not an easy thing to do as PP ADs are fairly scarce but if you live in a major city, its worth your time to go visit and check it out in person. Havimg said that, the bracelet and clasp has a high polished wide cut champfer/bevel along both sides on the top of the links and around both sides of the case, upper and lower lugs. The rep factories usually miss this detail on the case and its sorely needed. The makers also always miss the polished edges on the clasp..all the gens have it and yhats a must..the makers are usually very stingy with the amount of champher in general, and with this watch its gotta be there..anyone who is trying to pull off a 5711 needs to get the casework done, it really is a must...you could probably offer a service for just the 5711 and be busy for it..also, if ypu could take apart allt the links in the bracelet and soften and add cuts that would be a wet dream for the rep 5711 owner..same for the case, it would be amazing if you could dissamble the whole head and work on the entire case, rehult too, all of it needs finish work aa the gen has a lot of attention to detail..i will post a link to a gen that has some great macro pics for refrence..it was a link I recently saw but its great and props to the guy who found it..but nothing beats seeing it in person..

Cool man! I would appreciate that! Maybe if I get some time this weekend, I will take mine apart, start working on it and posting pics for opinions. I'd be happy to use mine as a prototype/guinea pig. I have been doing a ton of case work lately, so it would be kinda fun to mess with something besides Rolex!

domsdaddy123

Patron
Certified
6/8/15
Cool man! I would appreciate that! Maybe if I get some time this weekend, I will take mine apart, start working on it and posting pics for opinions. I'd be happy to use mine as a prototype/guinea pig. I have been doing a ton of case work lately, so it would be kinda fun to mess with something besides Rolex!

check this link from the PP section..some really great detail shots...having spent a loy of time lookinh at 5711, its not just the beveled edfes, those are fairly obvious, its the softening of the links and the shape of the midlinks and all the edges..tey to really see the shape, not just the bevels. Also, most of the rep bracelets first links are too narrow, look at gen, its the full width of the case/lugs, nothing to be done about that, maybe PF is better? Anyway, if ypu could somehow take the entire bracelet apart and work on it, that would be amazing. Either way anyone wearing a 5561 needs case and bracelet work, hands down..

http://www.regaltime.co.uk/patek-philippe/patek-philippe-nautilus-57111a