• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Sources for Gen Dials, Hands, parts

Accord11

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
2/12/20
All,
I wanted to compile a list of sources to purchase green dials, hands, and other parts for our AP reps.

Here are the places I know. Please add to the list:

Chrono24
eBay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jptrosch

Supporter
Certified
9/10/18
That's going to be about it. In my (limited) experience, the best source for gen parts are the ones you already mentioned and connections and relationships with other members built over time.

Very rarely these guys will get gen AP parts: https://www.chrono-shop.net/en/

I got a gen 15400 crystal from them and missed out on a gen 15400 retaining ring a little while back.

Last edited:
Reactions: numero2

ThePlayboy

Known Member
14/1/14
All,
I wanted to compile a list of sources to purchase green dials, hands, and other parts for our AP reps.

Chrono24
eBay

Uhren-Pforzheim

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
All,

Chrono24
eBay

More significantly there are a few private sources for gen parts and these cannot and should not be compiled openly as these sources often like to remain low key and not deal openly for obvious reasons.

These sources are best kept private to protect the supply sources.
So eBay and Chrono24 are fine. But best to keep the private sources private.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I wish to add that I have my own sources for gen AP and Patek parts like dials, hands and movements but I’ll never share them openly sorry.

I’m not being selfish but I have to protect my sources and the more people dealing with them, the more chance for undesirable exposure and the source being scammed or hassled, all of which would shut them down. Discretion is a huge part of the deal when it comes to guys like them.

Direct access to such sources are privileges which have to be earned.

So no, Accord11. Much as I like you and I enjoy your posts, I will not permit in depth discussion of this here please. Open sources like eBay and chrono are fine for everyone but if this thread goes any further than open public platforms I’ll need to shut it down. If any member wishes to share his gen parts source please do so via PM. Thank you.

Accord11

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
2/12/20
I wish to add that I have my own sources for gen AP and Patek parts like dials, hands and movements but I’ll never share them openly sorry.

I’m not being selfish but I have to protect my sources and the more people dealing with them, the more chance for undesirable exposure and the source being scammed or hassled, all of which would shut them down. Discretion is a huge part of the deal when it comes to guys like them.

So no, Accord11. Much as I like you and I enjoy your posts, I will not permit in depth discussion of this here please. Open sources like eBay and chrono are fine for everyone but if this thread goes any further than open public platforms I’ll need to shut it down. If any member wishes to share his gen parts source please do so via PM. Thank you.

A, thanks for clarifying. I’m certainly not looking for any private/discreet sources to be posted publicly, just looking for other major online sites similar to eBay, Chrono24, etc. sometimes a gen dial or two pops up in the classifieds on RolexForums.

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14

This. While it may seem like a noble thing to openly share this and that, it won't do the hobby any good in the long run as this will eventually end up drying the sources further down and make the brands clamp down heavier on parts access.
It's already gotten worse and will continue to get more tricky and strict, there's no need to rush that natural growth even more.

Reactions: jptrosch and legend

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
A, thanks for clarifying. I’m certainly not looking for any private/discreet sources to be posted publicly, just looking for other major online sites similar to eBay, Chrono24, etc. sometimes a gen dial or two pops up in the classifieds on RolexForums.

Yes J I think you do get it.

The sites which majority of the guys shop on for gen parts are eBay, C24, TRF, and basically sometimes on gen watch forums. In reality these are the “second tier” channels in terms of price, selection and rareness of parts.

There are a couple of guys here on RWI which are even better connected with gen parts supply than I am but of course I cannot openly name them. Just look at the posts and see the quality of builds posted and you can PM the guys whom you think possess such resources. Whether they choose to share the source with you or not is up to them as you understand. Keep your eyes open, the apple does not fall far from the tree.

Reactions: Allure and QueTip

Accord11

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
2/12/20
Thanks everyone. Just to confirm, and perhaps a moderator can edit the first post to include the following warning:

*Do not post private sources of gen parts. Please post only publicly available websites (similar to eBay/Chrono24) where gen parts are readily available and can be purchased. Do not share private gen parts sources.*

Last edited:

flying-tommy

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
21/8/12
As AI has written, it would not be purposeful to publish private contacts.
Most of the time, such contacts come about through years of trusting people, and you move forward bit by bit.
I also know how depressing it is not to immediately get the parts you need for your build. I am still waiting for some parts and have been for over 2 years.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to order the parts anywhere. It is often by chance or luck that something is offered.

Also, the contacts are usually very sensitive, as it is actually no longer possible to get hold of new AP parts officially.

Since AP changed their sales strategy and the elimination of small service centres, not only new APs have gone up in price, but also used ROO's are moving up more and more.

A few years ago, you could get a heavily worn ROO for just under €10,000. Sure, it was in a really bad condition and needed immediate service, but nowadays it's hard to get a ROO for less than €13-14,000 in Europe.

I think the best person who can say something about this and how the prices are rising is Legend.

That's why, unfortunately, the few good parts are rising in price more and more.

I asked for a few hands and other parts a long time ago.
Now I'm getting 3 sets of new Gen Hands and will probably only need one set for my project.

If anyone wants to upgrade his Franken, they are welcome to contact me. This is not an offer to sell, just to help!

But it is precisely this search and selection of good parts that I enjoy. Until finally everything can be assembled. That is exactly my hobby and I love it.
For me, it's not about presenting the Watch/the Franken in the end. The journey is the goal and the journey is pure passion for me.

Unfortunately, I have to reduce my projects a bit, as my house construction is devouring all resources. Lol

But another project is in the pipeline and I'm looking forward to showing photos soon.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk