• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP Royal Oak Tourbillon Extra-Thin Openworked thoughts/experience?

Accord11

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
2/12/20
[mention]tangokilo [/mention] what are your thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Picasso74

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
2/6/20
Italy Pordenone
Hi bro,
i have the same watch in the pics.
it is beautiful and very confy, keep excellent time and it is very impressive for me .

now it is in master Domi’s hands for a complete overhaul because i wanna change all the gold weels in steel ones like the gen.
it is complicated because the movement is pretty fragile but it is quite ready……i wanna post photos ASAP ……when i ll have it in my hands.

now “ old pics “ of mine

Hasselbaink

DR. H4RDC@R3 T3RR@R
Supporter
Certified
29/9/10
Archiregnum Hungaricum
Hi bro,
i have the same watch in the pics.
it is beautiful and very confy, keep excellent time and it is very impressive for me .

now it is in master Domi’s hands for a complete overhaul because i wanna change all the gold weels in steel ones like the gen.
it is complicated because the movement is pretty fragile but it is quite ready……i wanna post photos ASAP ……when i ll have it in my hands.

now “ old pics “ of mine
Thx m8!
Sound good and looks great!
Very curious on the mod, please share some more pics when its ready.
Trying not to make further steps towards yet :D
Thx in advance!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra using Tapatalk

Reactions: grillbrill

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
Any update on the mod Picasso74 I've been looking at this watch too, and like you the non-gen-looking balance wheel bothers me. What's the process for the mod? Do you take the existing gold/brass parts and electro plate them? Or is it a case of milling new steel gears?

Picasso74

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
2/6/20
Italy Pordenone
Hi…..i m still waiting for the mod and the watch……

unfortunately….disassemblying the tourbi movement , happen that a piece was broken and now it s quite difficult to find a replace…i bought a watch to use like spare parts and now i m waiting for the modder to do the work.
it need a lot of patience ……because is quite fragile but it seems that all will go ahead in the right way.
second answer sorry…..the modder use the stock parts of the movement and made a process to became white instead yellow…..for this reason it is difficult.
now there are watches that yet have the correct color and it could be easier and cheaper buy a watch like that and replace the pieces without disassemblying the entire tourbillon.

i hope i ll help you.

thanks

Reactions: dogwood